Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Cute As A Button

That sweet face looking out at you is my grandpuppy Lilly.  She belongs to my younger son and daughter-in-love.  I'm working on a calendar for next year for them.  As I previously mentioned, I am currently taking Heather Summers' My Digital Studio 2 class (for info check out her blog here).  Besides all the great videos, tips and techniques, she has thrown a couple of color challenges at us.  This was a challenge to use Basic Gray, Sahara Sand, Crushed Curry, Bermuda Bay and Whisper White.  What's great about MDS is nothing ever retires like the colors Crushed Curry and Bermuda Bay.

I started out with a design my own project of 8-1/2" x 11" portrait shape.  I then added a punch, stretched it to the same size and filled it with Whisper White textured card stock.  Another punch was added and filled with Crushed Curry Soft Flower designer paper.  A drop shadow was added to this punch.  I then added a photo box over the designer paper, adjusted it so the paper would look like a frame and added one of my many Lilly photos.  I also added a drop shadow to the photo.  The calendar was added from the calendars design center.  You can make it any size you want.  I then chose the month and year, the fonts and the colors.  I grouped Sahara Sand and Bermuda Bay buttons, grouped them to copy and paste and added the second group.  I rotated them so they looked a little different than the first ones.  Drop shadows were added to all the buttons.  Additional buttons in Crushed Curry, Bermuda Bay and Sahara Sand were added to the calendar section.  I'm hoping to get the whole year done quickly in order to take advantage of Stampin' Up!'s 31% discount that was extended to September 14.  Unfortunately calendars are not part of the discount but I am going to have them printed as individual pages and bind them myself with my Cinch.  I'll share some of the other pages as I go along.  Thanks for dropping in.  The long holiday weekend is almost upon us.
 

1 comment:

Seryna said...

Grandpuppy, what a cute notion! She certainly is a dear. Thank you for sharing your tips on rotating the buttons!
~Anne