Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

First for Halloween

This is my first Halloween card of the season.  There's a new 13 week challenge called The Great Pumpkin Blog Hop and this is my card for the first week.  I am also using the sketch from the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #46.  Read on for the details.

Basic Gray card stock was used for the base of this card.  I added a layer of Howlstooth and Scaringbone designer paper.  Another piece of the same designer paper was added to a piece of Basic Black card stock that had been run through the Big Shot with the scallop Adorning  Accents Edgelits die.  This was
added to the card front.  The face image from the Jack of All Trades stamp set was heat embossed on Very Vanilla card stock using VersaMark and Tangerine Tango embossing powder.  I then heat embossed the hat from the same stamp set using black embossing powder that had Dazzling Diamonds mixed in.  This gave it a nice sparkle but hard to see in the photo.  This was then cut out using the 
Big Shot and the Labels Collection Framelits Dies.  The edges were sponged with Tangerine Tango ink.  I then cut out a piece of Basic Black card stock using the same dies and attached the image to it.  It was added to the card with glue dots.  The sentiment from the Wicked Cool stamp set was heat embossed on Very Vanilla card stock using the same mixture I used for the hat.  A 1" Square Punch was used to make the flag end of the sentiment and the Tangerine Tango card stock mat.  It was popped up with dimensionals on the card.  Rhinestones were colored with a Tangerine Tango marker after coating them with mod podge and added to the hat tip and the sentiment.  To save myself some time, I coat a few of each size rhinestone and pearl with mod podge so they're ready to color whenever I need them.  I hope you enjoyed today's Halloween card.  Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Jack of All Trades (w-#122620/c-#122622); Wicked Cool (w-#118738/c-#120600)
Ink:  Tangerine Tango Classic Stamp Pad (#111834); VersaMark (#102283); Brights Stampin' Write Markers (#119702);
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Basic Gray Card Stock (#121044); Basic Black Card Stock (#121045); Very Vanilla Card Stock (#101650); Howlstooth and Scaringbone Designer Series Paper (#126906)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Labels Collection Framelits Dies (#125598); Adorning Accents Edgelits Dies (#125595); Heat Tool (#129053); 1" Square Punch (#124094); Stamping Sponges (#101610)
The Finishing Touches:  Black Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109133); Tangerine Tango Stampin' Emboss Powder (#123106); Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter (#102023); Basic Rhinestone Jewels (#119246); Mini Glue Dots (#103683); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
_______________________________________________________________






9 comments:

LeAnne said...

Love this! Such a cute, funny face, and of course I love that DP!

Terry said...

Cute card Patti! I love the little spooky banner with bling, and your use of the dsp. Thanks for adding your card to my blog hop!

Happy Stampin'

Terry

Anne Marie Hile said...

Hi Patti! Such a cute idea for a halloween card! First of all, I love that DSP and how pretty the prints compliment each other. Next up I love how you simply used the jack-o-lantern face stamp. His smile compliments the chevron paper so perfectly. Just adorable! :)

Jen Timko said...

What a cute idea this is!! Love your take on the sketch. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Jen said...

Halloween cards are my fave so I just love this! The image is so fun and I love that you've got it in the framelit. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely adorable! I LOVE this paper! You have inspired my to start making Halloween cards! Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches!

Heidi @ Stuck on Stampin' said...

Oooh, I need to dust off my Jack of All Trades to use for this Halloween. Thanks for the inspiration! Love the combo of the DSP...so many great patterns!

Jen Sannes said...

This card is the cutest! I love your dsp selections and your take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at FMS!

Dale Morin said...

Too cute! Halloween will be here before we know it even if it is only August! Love the card.