Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Great Little City

Today is a page I made using My Digital Studio.  I am taking another class with Heather Summers and I wanted to practice a couple of techniques using the new MDS2.  I am also submitting it to the Stampin' Up! Only Challenge #52 - create something with a photo.

My husband is from Pittsburgh and his family still lives there as does our older son.  During our 42 years of marriage, I have visited there many, many times and I love it.  I have a heart full of wonderful memories from my visits there.  This page highlights one fun day from a special weekend celebrating my niece's wedding.  A couple of things I tried from the class is adding the multiple photo and adding text to a shape.

I hope you enjoyed my small glimpse of Pittsburgh.  I love to scrap digitally and MDS2 has a lot of neat ways to add to the fun.  I'm sure most of you have lots of photos that could be preserved in this way to highlight the special and everyday events of your life.  Have a great day.

MDS Digital Products Used   
Designer Kit - Number One - DSP #11
Fifty Nifty Punch - Pennsylvania - filled with Very Vanilla
Font - Lesser Concern - journaling done in Not Quite Navy - Pittsburgh done in Cajun Craze
Large Arrow Punch - filled with Regals Playful Patterns DSP - Cajun Craze #2
Button Pack Regals - Not Quite Navy
Vintage Overlays - Texture 2 - Changed color to Not Quite Navy
Photos were matted with Not Quite Navy
Arrow & State matted with Cajun Craze

4 comments:

Deb Hoekstra said...

Love the way you layered the photos. Makes for an interesting page. Thanks for joining the SUO Challenge!

Dale Morin said...

Patti, Love this page. I am taking the same course with Heather. Unfortunately I haven't done anything yet. Can't get MDS2 on my computer. I did manage to get it on my laptop but that isn't my favorite place to create from.

Have fun and enjoy!

Mary Brown said...

Patti - I'm originally from Pittsburgh too (North Side) and still have family there. Have been back a couple of times this summer visiting them. What an amazing city and FABULOUS MDS page! Thanks for joining the SUO challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

Love how the photos look stacked on this page! Great job! Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge this week!