Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

It's Wonderfall, Wonderfall

Good Monday morning to you.  I hope you had a great weekend.  It was very hot here but hopefully the rain will cool it off a bit.  I'm really looking forward to Fall.  And my card today gives a little hint of my favorite season.  This card is based on a new challenge, the Paper Craft Crew Challenge #1 (formerly the Stampin' Queen's Sketch Challenge) and Stampin' Royalty Challenge #135.

I chose Raspberry Ripple card stock for the base of my card which is a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" size.  I ran a piece of Summer Starfruit card stock through the Big Shot using the Woodgrain embossing folder.  The Scallop Trim Border Punch was used to make a scallop along the bottom edge.  A piece of Orchard Harvest designer paper was then added to this layer.  Gumball Green satin ribbon was attached and the layer added to the card front.  I cut out of Naturals White card stock three acorns from the Autumn Accents Bigz Die using the Big Shot.  The acorns from the Wonderfall stamp set were then heat embossed on the cut out acorns using VersaMark, Gumball Green, Summer Starfruit and Raspberry Ripple inks and clear embossing powder.  In order to stamp on these small acorns, I added a little temporary adhesive to the back to hold them down on scrap paper and then used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to get it line up correctly.  Worked like a charm.  Each acorn was attached to a piece of the same colored card stock using glue dots.  They were then added to the card with dimensionals.  A bow was made using the same ribbon and was attached with a glue dot.  That's it for my first foray into fall.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you get a chance to visit again.  Please feel free to leave a comment or a question about any of my projects.  Have a "wonderfall" day.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Wonderfall (w-#128084/c-#128087)
Ink:  Summer Starfruit Classic Stampin' Pad (#126991); Raspberry Ripple Classic Stampin' Pad (#126859); Gumball Green Classic Stampin' Pad (#126861); VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Raspberry Ripple Card Stock (#126842); Summer Starfruit Card Stock (#126839); Gumball Green Card Stock (#126840); Naturals White Card Stock (#102316); Orchard Harvest Designer Series Paper (#126895)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#118439); Autumn Accents Bigz Die (#127812); Woodgrain Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (#127821); Stamp-a-ma-jig (#101049); Heat Tool (#129053); Scallop Trim Border Punch (#118402)
The Finishing Touches:  Gumball Green 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon (#126848); Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130); Mini Glue Dots (#103683); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
  

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

I had no idea what to do with these colors, but I just love your wonderful Wonderfall card!!!

Sandra Farrell said...

Wow, I would NEVER have thought of acorns with these colours, but your card really pulls that off. Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Royalty this week.

Sharon said...

what a creative use with these colors and those acorns! Love it!
thank you for playing along with us @ PCCC.

Dale Morin said...

Great, great card! I love fall too and am looking forward to it.