Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

Merry Monday Returns with New Sketch

I've been enjoying a few days away from my blog but I'm back today with my weekly Christmas card.  I used the Merry Monday Sketch #27 and the Stampin' Up! Only Challenge #51 - Use Designer Papers.

For my card I turned the sketch 90 degrees.  The base of my card is Baja Breeze card stock.  I added a layer from the Snow Festival designer paper.  The next layer up is also from the same designer paper that was matted with Baja Breeze card stock.  The top layer of the same designer paper (cut going in the wrong direction - oops!) was run through the Big Shot using the Designer Frames Embossing Folders.  It's a little difficult to see because of the
pattern in the paper so I've added a closer view here.  This was also matted with Baja Breeze card stockCherry Cobbler ribbon was used to make a bow.  I left the tails long so I could wrap them around this layer.  Glue dots were used to attach the bow and the layer to the card.  The sentiment from the Word Play stamp set was heat embossed on Whisper White card stock using VersaMark and Cherry Cobbler Embossing Powder.  It was punched out with the Extra-Large Oval Punch and the edges sponged with Cherry Cobbler ink.  This was popped up on the card using dimensionals.  I colored a Pearl with the Gumball Green marker and added it to the ornament on the sentiment.  A little reminder to pay attention to the pattern in designer paper when cutting.  I didn't notice my error until I was adding the layer to the card.  Not wanting to waste the paper or the time, I left it as is.  It will be a subtle reminder to me to pay closer attention next time.  Thanks for stopping by today.  If you've been thinking that it's about time to start on your Christmas cards, stop over at the Merry Monday challenge and play along.  See you soon.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Word Play (w-#120308/c-#120651)
Ink:  2012-2014 In Color Markers (#126856); Cherry Cobbler Classic Stampin' Pad (#119669); VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Baja Breeze Card Stock (#111352); Whisper White Card Stock (#100730); Snow Festival Designer Series Paper (#126908)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Designer Frames Embossing Folders (#123130); Heat Tool (#129053); Extra-Large Oval Punch (#119859); Stamping Sponges (#101610)
The Finishing Touches:  Cherry Cobbler 1/2" Scallop Dots Ribbon (#124138); Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Emboss Powder (#122949); Pearl Basic Jewels (#119247); Mini Glue Dots (#103683); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
 

11 comments:

LeAnne said...

Oh, don't you hate it when that happens...I actually had a card that had a little piece of DP with print on it.....and I had it upside down!!! It is still a lovely card, I just love the pretty colors and that embossed oval is one of my faves! Thanks for playing with us!

Wendy said...

Love this, Patti! Awesome holiday papers and I love your sentiment! Also love that you flipped the sketch! So pretty & festive!
Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

Deb Hoekstra said...

Love the way you used the designer paper for this card. Thanks for sharing it with SUO Challenges.

Cindy said...

Glad I'm not the only one who has done this! Love the way you let the DSP carry the card and used a sentiment in place of an image - very cool! Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges!

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card, I have done that witt DP in the past too. The paper looks good flipped :). Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

Cindy Coutts said...

Love this and it's perfect use of DSP. Such a wonderful and festive card. Thank you so much for participating in our designer series paper challenge at Stampin' Up! Only Challenges.

Marie B. said...

Nice card...just think the "reversed dp" adds character! :)

Lesley said...

Fantastic Patti! Love the new goodies and the paper looks great! The sentiment is festive and one of my favs!

Bonnie said...

I noticed the embossing on the DSP right away but not the error in direction! I agree that it adds character this way. Thanks, Patti, for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Connie Babbert said...

Very pretty...love all the designs of DSP you used and love that sentiment, too! Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge!

Heidi Baks said...

What a great showcase of patterned paper, Patti! Thanks for joining SUO Challenges.