Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Wicked Halloween

Happy Monday.  When I was still working, it was my least favorite day of the week for me.  To be honest, now that I'm retired, I think it is still my least favorite day of the week - don't have a reason for that though.  What I do have is my Halloween card for the Great Pumpkin Blog Hop Week 3 challenge and the month long Craft Project Central Challenge #14.

I did change one thing with the sketch; I left off the sentiment piece because my sentiment ended up being in one of the circles.  For the card base I chose Basic Gray card stock.  To a piece of Howlstooth and Scaringbone designer paper I added a bow made with the Basic Gray Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon.  This has white stitching but I colored the stitches with a Tangerine Tango marker.  Glue dots were used to attach the bow to 
the paper.  This was then added to the card front.  The two pumpkins were made by punching out six 1" circles from Tangerine Tango card stock.  All edges were sponged with Tangerine Tango ink.  Each pumpkin was made using three circles and attached to a 1-3/4" Basic Black card stock circle.  The "stem" was cut free hand from Old Olive card stock and attached using liquid glue.  The curly-q was made by cutting a thin strip of Old Olive card stock and wrapping it around the Paper Piercing Tool.  It was also attached using liquid glue.  The eyes on one pumpkin were punched out using the Owl Builder Punch and the other pumpkin's were cut free hand.  I drew the zig zag mouth on one pumpkin with the Basic Black marker.  The other mouth was hand drawn and then cut out.  It was attached with liquid glue also.  A white gel pen was used to add the accents to the eyes.  The sentiment from the Wicked Cool stamp set was heat embossed using VersaMark and Tangerine Tango embossing powder.  It was punched out with a 1" Circle Punch, matted with a 1-1/4" sponged Tangerine Tango circle and a 1-3/4" Basic Black circle. I added a Basic Gray brad to the sentiment.  All three circles were popped up on the card with dimensionals.  Check out both challenges for some great inspiration.  See you soon.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Wicked Cool (w-#118738/c-#120600)
Ink:  Tangerine Tango Classic Stampin' Pad (#111834); VersaMark (#102283); Basic Black Marker (#100082); Brights Markers (#119702)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Basic Gray Card Stockf (#121044); Very Vanilla Card Stock (#101650); Tangerine Tango Card Stock (#111349); Basic Black Card Stock (#121045); Old Olive Card Stock (#100702); Howlstooth & Scaringbone Designer Series Paper (#126906)
Tools:  Heat Tool (#129053); 1-3/4" Circle Punch (#119850); Owl Builder Punch (#118074); Paper Snips (#103579); 1-1/4" Circle Punch (#119861); 1" Circle Punch (#119868); Stamping Sponges (#101610); Paper-Piercing Tool (#126189)
The Finishing Touches:  Basic Gray 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon (#126879); 3/16" Neutrals Brads (#119736); Tangerine Tango Stampin' Emboss Powder (#123106); White uni-ball Signo Gel Pen (#105021); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Mini Glue Dots (#103683)
     

5 comments:

LeAnne said...

Oh gosh, this is so cute! My paper is sitting on my desk, waiting to be used....hopefully tomorrow!!

Terry said...

Hey Patti,
This is such a great card! That dsp really stands out, as do your pumpkin faces! I love that you used a marker to color the stitching on the Basic Gray grosgrain. It looks terrific! Thanks for adding your card to my blog hop. I appreciate it!

Hugs,

Terry

Bonnie said...

What a fun Halloween card, Patti! I love your little Jack-o-lanterns! Their faces are amazing and the vines add that special extra touch!

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh! This is just the cutest card! I love those little pumpkin faces!

PaperFairyKris said...

Patti you crack me up! Don't be a Monday hater! It looks like the pumpkin on the top hates Mondays too. Lol! I was staring at the ribbon and I wondered where you got that, then I read your post. What a great idea!!! It looks perfect with the DSP. Thanks for playing along with the Creating Pretty Cards Sketch Challenge over at Craft Project Central. Please play again. I think you will like September's sketch. I have it in the works :-)