Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

CASEing for Class

This is one of the cards we made at my card class this past weekend.  It is a CASE of a card I saw on Lee Conrey's blog here; I did change the flower colors and the sentiment.

The five new in-colors this year are the best so my card highlights four of them.  The card base is Naturals White card stock.  I took another piece of the same card stock and scored three times on two of the sides with the Simply Scored Scoring Tool.  The sentiment from the Curly Cute stamp set was stamped on using Midnight Muse ink.  This layer was then added to the card front.  Midnight Muse, Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple and Summer Starfruit card stocks were run through the Big Shot using the Floral Fusion Sizzlit.  The edges of the flowers were sponged with the same color inks, attached together and added to the card with dimensionals.  A Pearl in the center of each flower helped "classy" up the card a little.  When I first saw this card, I bookmarked it right away because I knew it would be a great card for a class.  Most of the ladies that come to the class are new to stamping and I learned the hard way that clean and simple is best.  Adding the small touches of color to the white gives it a nice visual impact.  Thank you Lee for the inspiration.  Well, that's all folks for today.  I have the two other cards from the class that I'll be sharing over the next week.  Enjoy your day.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Curly Cute (w-#117014/c-#120510)
Ink:  Midnight Muse Classic Stampin' Pad (#126860); Primrose Petals Classic Stampin' Pad (#126858) (#126858); Raspberry Ripple Classic Stampin' Pad (#126859); Summer Starfruit Classic Stampin' Pad (#126991)
Card Stock:  Summer Starfruit (#126839); Raspberry Ripple (#126842); Primrose Petals (#126841); Midnight Muse (#126843); Naturals White (#102316)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Floral Fusion Sizzlits (#115969); Simply Scored Scoring Tool (#122334); Sponge Daubers (#102892)
The Finishing Touches:  Pearl Basic Jewels (#119247); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
    

No comments: