Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

First Home Congrats

My card today was made for my son and daughter-in-law who closed on their first home yesterday.  I used the color challenge at Nacho Average Challenge #12 because one of the colors is in the designer paper that I wanted to use.  I CASEd this card design from one I saw on Amanda Corbett's blog here.

The card base is Naturals Ivory card stock.  I rounded the corners by inserting each corner into the bottom of the 1-1/4" Circle Punch and punching.  On another piece of Naturals Ivory card stock I stamped images from the Artistic Etchings stamp set in Crumb Cake, Island Indigo and Lucky Limeade inks.  I also stamped the rain drops from the French Foliage stamp set with Crumb Cake ink.  The sentiment from the Curly Cute stamp set was stamped with Island Indigo ink.  Using the Stamp-a-ma-jig, I then stamped the same sentiment with Lucky Limeade ink a little off the original stamping.  Hopefully you can see it a little better in this
photo.  It was then run through the Big Shot with the Lacy Brocade embossing folder.  To the top of this layer I added a piece of the keys paper from Fan Fair designer paper.  Below this paper, I added a strip of Champagne Glimmer paper.  The corners on this layer were also punched in the same way as the card base.  Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon was wrapped around and tied in a bow. I attached the layer to the card with an Anywhere Glue Stick.  Loved making this card for my son and daughter-in-love.  They're so happy and excited.  I wish them many wonderful years in their new home.  Thanks for coming by.  I'll be back again soon.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Artistic Etchings (w-#118517/c-120573); Curly Cute (w-#117014/c-#120510); French Foliage (w-#120845/c-#121166)
Ink:  Crumb Cake Classic Stampin' Pad (#121030); Island Indigo Classic Stampin' Pad (#122937); Lucky Limeade Classic Stampin' Pad (#122935)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Naturals Ivory Card Stock (#101849); Champagne Glimmer Paper (#127885); Fan Fair Designer Series Paper (#126918)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder (#127819); 1-1/4" Circle Punch (#119861); Stamp-a-ma-jig (#101049)
The Finishing Touches:  Crumb Cake 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon (#122332); Anywhere Glue Stick (#104045)
 

5 comments:

LeAnne said...

Wow, this is lovely! And a fitting card for such a big event in their lives!! TFS!

Tammy said...

Gorgeous! Congrats to your son and daughter-in-law--how exciting!

Love your sentiment--going to have to try that technique!

Thanks for joining the Nachos this week!

Leilani McGranahan said...

Nice card. Love the use of keys and the rounded edges. Nice change of pace. Thanks for playing.

Anne Hayward said...

Great combo of DSP and stamping! Thanks for playing along with the Nachos.

MarvA1ix said...

This is a very clever card. I love the use of keys, for a new house. What a treasure :)