Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Snowflakes Glimmer

This week's Christmas card is for the Merry Monday Challenge #33.  I also challenged myself with two others:  CASology #11 - White and Jingle Belles - Snow.

On this card, I didn't use any stamp sets or ink.  I will probably stamp a sentiment on the inside when I get ready to send it out.  The base is Whisper White card stock.  The first layer is also Whisper White card stock that had the corners punched with the Scallop Trim Corner Punch.  For a little bit of color, I added a strip of Old Olive card stock to this layer.  I then added a piece of Whisper White Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon over the card stock and
attached this layer to the card.  Another piece of Whisper White was embossed with the Big Shot and the retired Snow Burst Embossing Folder.  This was matted with Silver Glimmer paper and added to the card.  I cut out some snowflakes from the retired Northern Frost Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die with the Big Shot.  They were attached to a piece of Whisper White card stock and then run through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder.  This layer was also matted with Silver Glimmer paper.  I added an Old Olive glimmer brad and attached the layer to the card with dimensionals.  I tied a bow through an Old Olive button with White Baker's Twine and used a dimensional to attach it to the card.  Lots of glimmer on this card makes it very festive for the holidays.  And they are coming fast.  But first, we welcome fall.  I'm looking forward to some lovely days here in the northeast.  Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Card Stock:  Whisper White (#100730); Old Olive (#100702); Silver Glimmer Paper (#124005)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Square Lattice Embossing Folder (#119976); Scallop Trim Corner Punch (#118870); Northern Frost Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die (retired); Snow Burst Embossing Folder (retired)
The Finishing Touches:  Whisper White 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon (#126877); Brights Designer Buttons (#119744); 3/8" Brights Glimmer Brads (#121006); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); White Baker's Twine (#124262)
 

13 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Lovely sparkle on your card, love the snowflakes. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

Terry said...

Lovely card! I like the shimmer and embossing. Very classy. Thanks for taking part in the Merry Monday challenge this week.

Hugs,

Terry (FD)

Ardyth said...

I had no idea there were so many layers on this - it still looks so clean and simple! Love all the silvery glitter - a very pretty white card! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

LeAnne said...

TH\his is just gorgeous. I admire you...those snowflakes are a pain to punch out all those little bitty pieces from! But you were rewarded with a beautiful creation. I think I might have to try this myself...oh, I forgot, I have very little patience, LOL!

Tammy said...

This is a beautiful card!! I love all the sparkle, yet it's still clean and simple!

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, Patti! I love all the glitter of the snowflakes and your punched corners! Love this!
Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

Lesley said...

So pretty! Another lovely card Patti, the sparkle is awesome!

Bonnie said...

Wow, Patti, these glittery embossed snowflakes are gorgeous! Such an elegant Christmas card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday! PS: We're looking forward to some Fallish days here in the southeast too!

SmilynStef said...

What a gorgeous white-on-white design ... love the tiny pops of green you added to the design ... so glad you dashed through the snow with us at jingle belles.

Rosemary said...

beautiful card.. so clean and crisp! the touches of sparkle are fab! thanks for playing along with CASololgy!

lauren bergold said...

what a beautifully elegant holiday card; such an amazingly lovely C&S design! thank you for "dashing through the snow" with us at JINGLE BELLES this fortnight! :)

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Patti, I love all the sparkle. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh! This is absolutely stunning, Patti! I love the sparkly embedded snowflakes!