Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Wicked Cool Triple Stamping

Well it's the start of another week and I have a Halloween card for the Great Pumpkin Blog Hop Week #6.  I also challenged myself with the Pals Paper Arts Challenge #142 and the new challenge Fab Friday 01.

I chose Lucky Limeade as the card base.  For the  image area, I used the triple stamping technique.  I first saw this technique on Dawn Olchefske's blog here; she has a great video explaining the how-to's.  The Wicked Cool stamp set was used for the triple stamping on Whisper White card stock using Pumpkin Pie, Lucky Limeade and Elegant Eggplant inks.  The top two layers were matted with Elegant
Eggplant card stock.  I wrapped Lucky Limeade baker's twine around this double layer three times, added a Pumpkin Pie button and tied a bow with the ends of the twine.  The large layer of the triple stamping was matted on a piece of Elegant Eggplant card stock that had the bottom edge cut on the Big 
Shot with the Adorning Accents Edgelits Dies.  It was then attached to the card stock.  The twine wrapped layer was added to the card with dimensionals.  I then cut a piece of Lucky Limeade and Pumpkin Pie card stocks, cut the ends into flags, added Elegant Eggplant brads and attached it to the card.  I haven't made this many halloween cards in the last three years but it's fun trying to complete the 13 week Great Pumpkin challenge.  Have a great Monday and I hope your week is full of creative fun.

Stampin' Up! Products Used  
Stamp Set:  Wicked Cool (w-#118738/c-#120600)
Ink:  Pumpkin Pie Classic Stampin' Pad (#105216); Lucky Limeade Classic Stampin' Pad (#122935); Elegant Eggplant Classic Stampin' Pad (#105210)
Card Stock:  Pumpkin Pie (#105117); Lucky Limeade (#122926); Elegant Eggplant (#105126); Whisper White (#100730)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Adorning Accents Edgelits Dies (#125595); Paper Snips (#103579)
The Finishing Touches:  Lucky LImeade Baker's Twine (#125572); 3/16" Regals Brads (#119737); Brights Designer Buttons (#119744); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
   





6 comments:

Terry said...

Oh my! Yours if the first triple layer card I've seen for Halloween. I absolutely LOVE it! Thanks for adding it to The Great Pumpkin Blog Hop. I appreciate that!

Hugs,

Terry

Amanda Mertz said...

Fun halloween card! And wonderful job combining several challenges. Wicked Cool looks very cool in the Triple TIme stamping technique! Love the button and twine through the center! Thanks for playing along with us at Fab Friday!

Marla Reed said...

What a fun Halloween card! I love the colors paired with the Wicked Cool set. Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

Brenda said...

So cute!! Love it!! Thank you for playing with us at Fab Friday!!!

Linda Callahan said...

This is so cute! Love the triple layer stamping!

Bobbi Mangas said...

Love how you used the Triple Stamping Technique. Very creative and makes me want to try it now! Thanks for sharing.