Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Halloween Treat Favor

No card today, just a little treat that could be used as a favor.  Three challenges were used for inspiration:  Hand Stamped Sentiments Theme Challenge #139, Colour Q Challenge #158, and the weekly Great Pumpkin Blog Hop Challenge #11.  Now for the details.

I had a bag of fun size candy snacks so I decided to come up with a little holder.  This will hold one fun size Snickers candy.  I started by cutting out two of the scalloped tags from the Two Tags Bigz die using the Big 
Shot and Rich Razzleberry card stock (it called for Orchid Opulence but I made a switch using a color I had).  I scored both at 7/8" on the non-scalloped end with the Simply Scored Scoring Tool, folded them on the score line and attached them together using Sticky Strip.  I added the candy using glue dots to hold it in place.  A glue dot was used to hold it closed at the top also.  I punched a hole and added a piece of retired Rich Razzleberry ribbon. 
My pumpkin was made by punching out three circles from Tangerine Tango card stock using the 1-3/4" Circle punch.  The edges were sponged with Tangerine Tango ink.  I stamped one of the faces from the Jack of All Trades stamp set on one of the circles with Basic Black Ink.  The three circles were attached to make the pumpkin.  The witches hat from the same stamp set was stamped on Whisper White card stock with Basic Black ink and cut out.  I then stamped three more hats on Whisper White card stock with Tangerine Tango, Rich Razzleberry and More Mustard inks.  This time I cut just one piece from each of the hats and attached them to the black hat with glue dots.  The pumpkin was added to the tag with dimensionals and the hat added to the pumpkin with glue dots.  To give it a little pizzazz I added Rhinestones to the eyes.  Hope you like the little treat I had for you today.  Thanks again for stopping by and I'll see you soon.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Jack of All Trades (w-#122620/c-#122622)
Ink:  More Mustard Classic Stampin' Pad (#103162); Basic Black Classic Stampin' Pad (#126980); Rich Razzleberry Classic Stampin' Pad (#155658); Tangerine Tango Classic Stampin' Pad (#111834)
Card Stock:  Tangerine Tango (#111349); Whisper White (#100730); Rich Razzleberry (#115316)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Two Tags Bigz Die (#115954); 1-3/4" Circle Punch (#119850); Sponge Daubers (#102892); Paper Snips (#103579); Simply Scored Scoring Tool (#122334)
The Finishing Touches:  Rhinestone Basic Jewels (#119246); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Mini Glue Dots (#103683); Sticky Strip (#104294); Rich Razzleberry 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (retired)

13 comments:

Shannon said...

So adorable! Great use of the two tags die too. Love your color choice and that pumpkin is great with the rhinestone eyes. So clever. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Ann Schach said...

What an adorable treat holder, Patti! I love the hat, and those rhinestone eyes!

Terry said...

I love your favor! I've seen pumpkins made with ovals, but not circles. It looks great! Thanks for adding this to The Great Pumpkin Blog Hop. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs,

Terry

Tracey McNeely said...

This is such a fun treat favor Patti. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the ColourQ!

ebeth9267 said...

Wow, this treat holder is fabulously yummy! The hat on the pumpkin is flashy and fun. Smiles, Elizabeth

Sylvia said...

Such a fun treat holder, Patti, love that pumpkin! Thanks for joining in the Halloween fun at the colourQ this week.

Noelle said...

so cute! Anything that holds a fun size anything is adorable, I think! Great use of the colors:) Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week:)

Erika Clark said...

That is too sweet! I love the bling in Jackie's eyes :D Very pretty treat holder. Thanks for joining in at Hand Stamped Sentiments! Erika

Debbie Henderson said...

What a cute idea Patti. So cool how you colored the hat!

Diane Vander Galien said...

Very Cute!!! What a great favor!!! Love the rhinestone eyes- so cute!!! Love the layers on the hat!! Thanks for playing along with Hand Stamped Sentiments, Diane

Krista said...

What a great use for that die!! Even though the pumpkin is so cute, somehow the rhinestones give it a little creepy element.....something my boys would LOVE! Great colors, too! Thanks for joining us at HSS!!

Dale Morin said...

Great treat holder! Love these colors too.

Bonnie said...

What a fantastic idea for a treat holder! I especially love the witch's hat! This one goes in my CASE file!