Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Baby Shower Card

Yesterday I attended a very special baby shower.  It was for my daughter-in-love who is expecting her first child in January.  As you can see from the colors, it's quite obvious the gender of our first grandchild.  The Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #63 was perfect for the image I wanted to use.

I chose Blushing Bride card stock (retired) as my card base.  A piece of the retired Nursery Nest designer paper was matted with Certainly Celery card stock and added to the card front.  I ran two strips of So Saffron card stock through the Big Shot - one using the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder and one using the Square Lattice embossing folder.  To get the pennant look, I snipped a "v" on each end.  They were then attached to the card.  The image from the Easy Events stamp set was stamped on Watercolor Paper with black StazOn ink.  It was colored in with So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Blushing Bride, Marina Mist and Pumpkin Pie inks using a Blender Pen.  I punched it out with the large scallop circle punch and attached it to a 2-1/2" circle of Certainly Celery card stock.  Dimensionals were used to pop it up on the card.  Dazzling Details was added to the waves under the duck and to the dots on the umbrella.  A Pearl was added on the eye.  I love the clean and simple look of this sketch.  It was a labor of love putting this together.  Hope you are having a great weekend; enjoy the rest of your day.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Easy Events (w-#116958/c-#123225)
Ink:  So Saffron Classic Stampin' Pad (#105213); Certainly Celery Classic Stampin' Pad (#105217); Marina Mist Classic Stampin' Pad (#11966); Pumpkin Pie Classic Stampin' Pad (#105216); Jet Black StazOn Ink Pad (#101406); Blushing Bride Ink Pad (retired)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Watercolor Paper (#122959); Certainly Celery Card Stock (#105125); So Saffron Card Stock (#105118); Blushing Bride Card Stock (retired); Nursery Nest Designer Series Paper (retired)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Blender Pens (#102845); Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (#117335); Square Lattice Embossing Folder (#119976); 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch (#118874); 2-1/2" Circle Punch (#120906)
The Finishing Touches:  Pearl Basic Jewels (#119247); Dazzling Details (#124117); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)

      

4 comments:

Rita said...

Congratulations! How exciting to be expecting a sweet granddaughter. I'm honored that you used my sketch for your beautiful card. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Jen Timko said...

So, so sweet!! I just know this was greatly appreciated! Congratulations to you and your whole family! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh! Congratulations, Patti! This is such a sweet card! I love the texture, and your perfect coloring!

Bonnie said...

What an adorable baby card! I love that little duck and the pretty embossed banners!