Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Year-End Merry Monday

Even though the Merry Monday challenges are over until January, they had a Merry Monday Two-Week Sketch Challenge.  You could choose any past sketch for inspiration.  Since I was out of commission the week of Thanksgiving, I decided to do the sketch I missed, #42.

As usual, I'm barely getting this in on time.  You'd think with two weeks to get the card done, I'd be ahead of the game.  What I did come up with is a card with a base of Naturals White card stock.  I added a layer of Cherry Cobbler card stock.  I cut five strips of the Snow Festival designer paper.  I used the 1" Square Punch to punch out one end for a pennant look.  They were then attached to the
card.  The sentiment from the Greetings of the Season stamp set was heat embossed on Naturals White card stock with VersaMark and Gumball Green embossing powder.  A Cherry Cobbler mat was added as well as two Cherry Cobbler brads.  I attached this layer to the card with glue dots.  The snowflake from the Mixed Medley stamp set was stamped on Naturals White card stock with Gumball Green ink.  To glimmer
it up, I added VersaMark and then heat embossed Iridescent Ice embossing powder on it.  It was punched out with the 1-1/4" Scallop Circle Punch, matted with a Cherry Cobbler circle and attached to the card with Dimensionals.  I colored a Rhinestone with the Cherry Cobbler marker and added it to the center of the snowflake.  In order to color the rhinestones or pearl with the markers, I lightly coat them with Mod Podge and let it dry.  I usually do a number of them at a time and mark them off on the sheet so I know which ones can be colored.  That's it for the last Merry Monday challenge for this year.  I need a bunch of gift card holders so I am turning this card into one.  All I have to do is add a piece inside to hold the gift card.  Usually when I give a gift card I try not to sign it so the giftee is able to re-use it again.  I hope you're having a good weekend.

Please keep the families of Sandy Hook Elementary School and residents of Newtown, Connecticut in your prayers.  And, most importantly, remember those precious new angels in heaven.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Mixed Medley (hostess) (w-#128054/c-#128057); Greetings of the Season (w-#128030/c-#128033)
Ink:  Gumball Green Classic Stampin' Pad (#126861); VersaMark (#102283); Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Write Marker (#119681)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Naturals White Card Stock (#102316); Cherry Cobbler Card Stock (#119685); Snow Festival Designer Series Paper (#126908)
Tools:  1-1/4" Scallop Circle Punch (#127811); 1-3/8" Circle Punch (#119860); 1" Square Punch (#124094); Heat Tool (#129053)
The Finishing Touches:  3/16" Regals Brads (#119737); Basic Rhinestone Jewels (#119246); Gumball Green Stampin' Emboss Powder (#128981); Mini Glue Dots (#103683); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Iridescent Ice Stampin' Emboss Powder (retired)
         

3 comments:

Dale Morin said...

Patti, What a pretty card! I have decided to be more like you this coming year. I am making Christmas cards each month!

Lesley said...

Oh Patti! Such a beauty you have created here, I love the shimmer on the scallop snowflake and the brads are a nice touch! Thank you for all of your support this year my friend.
Merry Christmas!
Hugs,
Lesley

Narelle Farrugia said...

Pretty Christmas card Patti! Love your mix of DSPs and the glitter you've added to mark you card sparkle! Thanks for joining us this year at Merry Monday!