Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Happy New Year

Wishing you all a belated happy new year.  I've had a hard time getting back into the swing of things after the holidays - sounds like a good enough excuse to me.  I did find a couple of challenges to help inspire me to get my rear in gear:  still addINKtive Challenge #1 and CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #84I needed some thank you cards after the holidays so that is my first card of 2013.

Both challenges shouted clean and simple so it was a quick card to put together.  Perfect Plum card stock was used for the base of my card.  On a piece of Whisper White card stock, I stamped three sorta squares using the Clear Mount Block A and Perfect Plum, Baja Breeze, and Wild Wasabi inksThe sentiment from the Pennant Parade stamp  
set was stamped in one block using Basic Black ink.  The flowers are from the 3-flower image from the Language of Friendship stamp set.  I used the Basic Black marker to ink up one of the flowers and stamped it in the other two blocks.  I paper pierced inside each block using one of the templates from the Occasions Paper-Piercing Pack.  I tied a bow in the corner using just one piece of Baja Breeze ribbon but I'm not sure I can explain what I did.  I first punched a hole with the crop-a-dile because a while back I saw this neat bow tying video on Mary Fish's blog here that would keep the bow in one spot using a punched hole.  But when I started to tie it I realized I couldn't wrap the ribbon around because it would cover up one of the images.  I fed the ribbon through the hole and played with it until I had both ends on the front to tie.  Will definitely have to do this again to see if I remember what I did.  The Whisper White layer was attached to the card.  Pearls were added for a little touch of pizzazz.  I think it took me longer to write up this post than to make the card.

Thanks to all who visit my blog.  I really do appreciate the time you take and the comments you leave.  I wish you all a blessed, happy, healthy and creative new year.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Pennant Parade (w-#122740/c-#122742)
Ink:  Baja Breeze Classic Stampin' Pad (#111833); Perfect Plum Classic Stampin' Pad (#101437); Wild Wasabi Classic Stampin' Pad (#109014); Basic Black Classic Stampin' Pad (#126980); Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker (#100082)
Card Stock:  Perfect Plum (#101889); Whisper White (#100730)
Tools:  Clear Mount Block A (#118487); Paper-Piercing Tool (#126189); Occasions Paper-Piercing Pack (#129387); Crop-a-Dile (retired)
The Finishing Touches:  Baja Breeze 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon (#122331); Pearl Basic Jewels (#119247)

            

5 comments:

Lisa Young said...

Beautiful clean and simple card and a great example of clear block stamping! Thank you for taking the time to join our challenge this week at still addINKtive challenges.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I must try this clear block stamping technique as you have done such a great job. Thanks for the inspiration and for joining us with our very first challenge.

Dale Morin said...

Great card. I love the clear block stamping. So cool. Thanks for the links to the challenges. I really want to start doing some.

Debbie Henderson said...

I really like the different variations the clear block stamping created Patti. Great job with the sketch and color challenge and thanks for playing our 1st challenge at stillADDinktive!

Bonnie said...

Hi Patti. I've had a hard time getting in the swing of things too. Looks like you've gotten back up to speed. Great job on all 3 challenges!