Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

January Cheer

Happy weekend!  Today I have my weekly Christmas card based on the Merry Monday Challenge #44.  This week they have a sketch to work with.  I also tried the CASology Cue Challenge #27, the cue being "blue".  I was cleaning up a little and came across this already stamped and embossed image from holiday card making so I thought I'd start with that.  If you're like me, there's always pieces laying around my creative space from projects that didn't quite come together.

Because the flagged strip hangs over the edge of the card I cut my card base at 4" x 11" so that it would still fit in the A2 size envelope (made the card 4" x 5-1/2").  For the base I chose Not Quite Navy card stock.  The sentiment from the Sweet Essentials stamp set was heat embossed on a piece of Baja Breeze card stock using VersaMark, Not Quite Navy ink and clear embossing powder.  I snipped one end for the pennant look.  It was attached to a piece of Whisper White 
card stock and also clipped the same way.  I attached it to the bottom of the card.  Using the Big Shot and the retired Northern Frost Sizzlits Die, I cut out a small snowflake from Not Quite Navy card stock, attached it with a dimensional and added a Rhinestone to the center.  The image from the Four Seasons hostess stamp set was heat embossed on Not Quite Navy card stock using VersaMark and white embossing powder.  It was punched out with the large Scallop Circle Punch and attached to a Baja Breeze circle.  The Delicate Doilies Sizzlits die was used to cut out the Whisper White doily.  I attached the image layer to it and attached all of them to the card with dimensionals.  Rhinestones were added for a little holiday glitz.  I hope you enjoy this week's card.  Have a terrific weekend.  I hope the sun is shining where you are.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Four Seasons - hostess (w-#126830/c-#126832); Sweet Essentials (w-#126455/c-#126457)
Ink:  VersaMark (#102283); Not Quite Navy Classic Ink Pad (#103008)
Card Stock:  Not Quite Navy (#101722); Baja Breeze (#111352); Whisper White (#100730)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); 2-1/2" Circle Punch (#120906); 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch (#118874); Delicate Doilies Sizzlits L Die (#126999); Heat Tool (#129053); Northern Frost Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die (retired)
The Finishing Touches:  White Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109132); Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130); Basic Rhinestone Jewels (#119246); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)

      

8 comments:

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! What a pretty color to use for this image! So clean & frosty-looking! Thanks for playing with us, too!

Bonnie said...

This is so pretty, Patti! The white embossing on the dark blue shows up beautifully! Don't you love it when you can use up a leftover? Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh my goodness that focal circle is just so beautiful, love the embossing, the snowflakes and that sweet birdie. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

Ardyth said...

Love the white embossed on the blue - a perfect wintery night sky! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week, Patti!

Lesley said...

Pretty colours here Patti, I love the white embossed on the blue, so effective! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

Maureen Merritt said...

Beautiful Winter scene! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful card Patti, I really like the colours you used. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Beautiful! I LOVE these colours for Christmas Patti - so very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!