Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pumped Up Birthday

Today is my brother-in-law's birthday.  This is the card that I am putting in the mail today.  Yep, I'm a wee bit tardy on this one.  I'm sharing it on here today because I'm sure he doesn't check out my blog.  I've taken on three challenges with this card:  Create with Connie and Mary Sketch Challenge #235, The Friday Mashup #93 (birthday and brads), and Stampin' Up! Only Challenge #62 - New Toys (in this case, ribbon and a stamp set that has never seen ink).

The first thing you will notice is I turned the card 90 degrees so the image I wanted to use would work.  The base is More Mustard card stock.  The water pump image from the Countryside stamp set was stamped on Watercolor paper with StazOn ink and colored using More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade 
and Raspberry Ripple ink pads and Blender Pens.  The speckles were added using the Color Spritzer tool and the Early Espresso marker.  I matted the image with Island Indigo card stock.  A piece of Naturals Ivory card stock was run through the Big Shot with the Woodgrain embossing folder.  Orchard Harvest designer paper was also matted with Island Indigo card stock and attached to the embossed layer.  The sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set was stamped on More Mustard card stock with Early Espresso ink, punched out with the retired Round Tab Punch and attached to the bottom of the designer paper layer.  I added a piece of Natural Trim Ribbon and More Mustard and Cajun Craze brads.  The layer was then attached to the card.  Dimensionals were used to pop up the image on the card front.  I always have a hard time coming up with masculine cards.  This ribbon was perfect in this instance but I eliminated the bow for obvious reasons.  Thanks for stopping by.  Check back again.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Countryside (w-#116998/c-#120495); Teeny Tiny Wishes (w-#115370/c-#127802)
Ink:  More Mustard Classic Stampin' Pad (#103162); Cajun Craze Classic Stampin' Pad (#119671); Early Espresso Classic Stampin' Pad (#119670); Island Indigo Classic Stampin' Pad (#122937); Lucky Limeade Classic Stampin' Pad (#122935); Raspberry Ripple Classic Stampin' Pad (#126859); Jet Black StazOn Ink Pad (#101406); Early Espresso Stampin' Write Marker (#119680)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  More Mustard Card Stock (#100946); Naturals Ivory Card Stock (#101849); Island Indigo Card Stock (#122923); Watercolor Paper (#122959); Orchard Harvest Designer Series Paper (#126895)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Woodgrain Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (#127821); Color Spritzer Tool (#107066); Blender Pens (#102845); Round Tab Punch (retired)
The Finishing Touches:  Natural 7/16" Trim Ribbon (#129287); 3/16" Regals Brads (#119737); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
      

11 comments:

Deb said...

This is a great masculine birthday card! Love the colors and the brads in the ribbon! Great colors, too! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Patti! I love the vibrant colors!

Mary Brown said...

What a great masculine card! I love how you added the brads to the linen ribbon...very rustic feel! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Melissa Davies said...

Love the clever title of this card! Gave me a big smile! I know your brother-in-law will love this card - the pattern and texture is terrific!Thanks for joining in the Challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Heidi Baks said...

Cute! Love the rustic look, and the ribbon and brads are nice touches. Thanks for playing at SUO Challenges and the Friday Mashup!

Connie Babbert said...

Excellent masculine card and you did a wonderful job with coloring! I love the brad/ribbon treatment, too! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Tara (Murphy) Bourgoin said...

Well, this is just lovely! I love that water pump image, and you've coloured it beautifully. Wonderful way of using the brads also. Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup this week.

Amy White said...

Fab masculine card! Love the coloured image combined with dsp and embossing, and the ribbon/brad treatment looks wonderful! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup this week!

Debbie Henderson said...

Turning the sketch works perfectly with this beautiful stamp image. Great job with the coloring and the combo! Thanks for playing Create with Connie & Mary!

Bonnie said...

I love this, Patti! I have a stamped image of this pump that I used at a stamp gathering. I think I'll CASE this for my BIL's Birthday! Hope it's OK with you.

Holly said...

This is so cute.. I love how you used a bright colored pattern paper with a soft image. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.