Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Belated Birthday

Some of you may have noticed I haven't posted in about a week and because I have been a lazy stamper this is the card that resulted from that laziness.  You see, my sister had a birthday recently and I was about five days late mailing it.  I also am late with two other birthday cards; shame, shame.  I used two challenges for inspiration on this card:  LateNightStampers Challenge #211 - Birthday and Craft Project Central Challenge #20.

This was such a great sketch for a birthday card.  I wanted a card that had lots of cheerful colors.  I made the card base using Daffodil Delight card stock.  A layer of Pacific Point card stock was run through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folderSunshine and Sprinkles designer paper was used to make the flagged strips that were added to the embossed layer; a 1" Square Punch was used to cut the flag ends.  To get the sentiment on the image from the Easy Events stamp set to be a different color, I masked it with a piece of paper, inked up the image with Basic Gray ink, removed the paper and colored the sentiment with a Melon Mambo marker.  I then stamped it on Whisper White card stock.  The little gift was colored using Pacific Point and Melon Mambo markersI then stamped the same image on Lucky Limeade and Daffodil Delight card stocks, cut out the body and shell and paper pieced them onto the snail.  The image was cut out with the Big Shot and the Floral Frames FramelitsUsing a larger die from the same framelits, I cut out a piece of Melon Mambo card stock, pierced around the edge, added the image and attached the whole layer to the card with DimensionalsThree Pearls were colored with the Pacific Point marker (after coating them with Mod Podge) and added to the top of each flag.  Hopefully the creative juices are flowing again and I can catch up on the birthday cards I need.  Enjoy your day - I'll see you soon.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Easy Events (w-#116958/c-#123225)
Ink:  Basic Gray Classic Stampin' Pad (#109120); Brights Stampin' Write Markers (#119702)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Daffodil Delight Card Stock (#119683); Pacific Point Card Stock (#111350); Melon Mambo Card Stock (#115320); Whisper White Card Stock (#100730); Sunshine & Sprinkles Designer Series Paper (#126922)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Floral Frames Framelits (#127012); Paper-Piercing Tool (#126189); Stampin' Pierce Mat (#126199); Paper Snips (#103579); Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (#117335); 1" Square Punch (#124094)
The Finishing Touches:  Pearl Basic Jewels (#119247); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)

     

3 comments:

Ann Schach said...

There must be a "Lazy Stamper" epidemic going around, Patti, because it has hit SE Iowa! Your card is so cute. I love the paper piercing and the pearls! You did a great job with the sketch!

Kris Sobolik said...

Love the bright colors! Thanks for joining the LNS challenge!

PaperFairyKris said...

What a great idea to combine the challenges! I love the piercing around the flower. This turned out so cheerful and cute. I'm so happy you posted and got your creative juices flowing again. Thanks so much for playing along with the Creating Pretty Cards Sketch Challenge over at Craft Project Central.