Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Happy Birthday to the New Dad

Today is my younger son's birthday.  He is also a new dad.  He and my sweet daughter-in-love had our first grandchild last week, a baby girl.  She is just beautiful (I know, I am very biased) and I love her so much.  I digress.  I used the Sunday Stamps Challenge #34 and the Latenight Stamper's Challenge #209 - Feeling Blue.

Naturals Ivory card stock was used as the base.  I then added another layer of the same card stock that had been run through the Big Shot with the Stripes embossing folder.  The log page from The Open Sea stamp set was stamped on Naturals Ivory card stock, sponged around the edges with Island Indigo ink and matted with Baja Breeze and Island Indigo card stocks.  I wrapped Island Indigo Baker's Twine around one corner and added four silver brads.  To get them lined up evenly, I used the Stampin' Pierce Mat, the Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack and the Piercing Tool.  This layer was then added to the card  The sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set was stamped on Naturals Ivory card stock with Island Indigo ink, punched out with the Word Window Punch, sponged around the edges with Island Indigo ink and matted with Baja Breeze card stock that was punched out with the Modern Label PunchIsland Indigo Baker's Twine was wrapped around this also.  I added another silver brad and attached this to the card with Glue Dots and a dimensional.  The map image from The Open Sea stamp set was stamped on a piece of Naturals Ivory card stock that was cut out with the retired Circle Scissor Plus.  I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to be sure I got it stamped right on the circle.  The edges were sponged with Island Indigo ink.  Using the Circle Scissor Plus again, I cut out a little bigger circle from Baja Breeze card stock and used it to mat the image.  I then punched out another circle from Island Indigo card stock as the final mat.  Two silver brads were added to the north and south poles and the image attached using dimensionals.  That's a lot of blue for someone who is seeing a pink and more pink lately.  I hope he enjoys his birthday card.  Thanks for coming by.  I always appreciate your comments about my projects.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  The Open Sea (w-#123030/c-#123032); Teeny Tiny Wishes (w-#115370/c-#127802)
Ink:  Island Indigo Classic Stampin' Pad (#122937)
Card Stock:  Naturals Ivory (#101849); Baja Breeze (#111352); Island Indigo (#122923)
Tools:  Bog Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Word Window Punch (#119857); Modern Label Punch (#119849); Sponge Daubers (#102892); 2-1/2" Circle Punch (#120906); Stampin' Pierce Mat (#126199); Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack (#126187); Paper-Piercing Tool (#126189); Stamp-a-ma-jig (#101049); Stripes Embossing Folder (#123128); Circle Scissor Plus (retired); Glass Mat (retired)
The Finishing Touches:  1/8" Mini Brads (#122941); Island Indigo Baker's Twine (#125575); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Glue Dots (#103683)

     

14 comments:

Marti Crapo said...

I saw your card on the Feeling Blue challenge 209 and wanted to leave you a note - I love the way you used the baker's twine on this card. Plus, the layout is great!
Marti

Jonia said...

Very Pretty Patti and thanks for sharing with us this week at LNS. Beautiful and congratulations on being a grandmother. Best life ever!

MJ said...

How awesome! Congratulations to all of you! How excited. I love your card too. What great use of this stamp set, love that you didn't use the boat. Awesome job, so glad you played along with us on the LNS challenge blog this week!

Hayley Kew said...

Congratulations!!! This is a lovely masculine card for the new daddy. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, we hope to see you back again soon :)

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous card, but the best news is the grandmother part! CONGRATS!!!

Hofkissed said...

Great card! I love how you used the baker's twine. Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!

Kris Sobolik said...

Awesome card, great use of the baker's twine! Thanks for joining the LNS challenge this week!

Kathya said...

Congratulations Patti on your new granddaughter. This is a wonderful card, love the texture in your card and the blues you chose. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps.

Joan said...

You have rocked this sketch, Patti! Love the Monochromatic aspect of your card and how you've used the twine. So glad you joined us at Sunday Stamps this week.

Sue said...

Very nice masculine card. I love all the details. Thanks for playing along with the LNS Challenge this week so that I saw this.

Eileen Lang said...

Love the masculine card - I find them the hardest to design. And, congratulations on the birth of your granddaughter!!!

inkedx2 said...

Perfect set for a masculine birthday card. I love how you used it. Thanks for joining us this week at LNS.

Robbie

A Touch of SOL said...

Awesome Card! Thank you for playing with the LNS Challenge.

Ann Schach said...

This is a perfect masculine card, Patti! This has to be one of my favorite cards that you have created!