Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Sweet Valentine

During my blog surfing one day I came across this post by Kim Score and I just fell in love with the teddy bear.  I wanted to make a Valentine card for my brand new granddaughter (I know, she doesn't understand all this stuff yet but what fun to create something for her) and this bear works perfectly with the Fab Friday Challenge #11.

I chose Melon Mambo card stock for the card base.  To a strip of Crumb Cake card stock I added some Melon Mambo hearts punched out with the Small Heart Punch, ran it through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder and attached it to the card front.  To the top of a piece of Whisper White card stock I added a border made with Pretty In Pink card stock that was cut using the Big Shot and one of the Adorning Accents Edgelits Dies.  This was attached using dimensionals.  The bear was made from Soft Suede card stock using the following punches:  2-1/2" Circle (body); 1-3/4" Circle (head); 1" Circle (ears); 3/4" Circle (inside ears); Large Oval (tummy); Small Oval (hands & face); 1/2" Circle (eyes); Itty Bitty Punch Pack - circle (eyes).  After punching all the pieces I ran them through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder (not the inside ears or tummy).  I sponged around the edges with Soft Suede inkFor the tummy and ears I made my own designer paper.  I heat embossed hearts from the Create a Cupcake and Itty Bitty Bits stamp sets on Pretty in Pink card stock with VersaMark and Melon Mambo and White embossing powdersI put the bear together on the white card stock but before adding the hands I stamped the sentiment from the retired Something to Celebrate stamp set on Whisper White card stock.  It was matted with Melon Mambo and Pretty in Pink card stocks.  I popped it up with dimensionals and then added the hands using dimensionals.  Two Melon Mambo hearts  cut out with the Fashionable Hearts Embosslit and the Big Shot were added to the sentiment.  A Pearl was added to the center of each.  Kim used a stamp for the bear's face but since I didn't have that, I made my own with punches.  To give the bear a little bit of a girly look, I used the flower shaped punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack and punched one out of Melon Mambo card stock.  I added a Bitty Button and White Baker's Twine tied in a bow and attached them to the bear with a glue dot.  Wow, that was lengthy.  If you have any questions about what I did to make the bear, please send me an e-mail or leave the question in the comments section.  Thanks for stopping by.  Hope your Valentine's day is sweet!!

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Crete a Cupcake (w-#121915/c-#121982); Itty Bitty Bits (w-#117056/c-#120060); Something to Celebrate (retired hostess)
Ink:  Melon Mambo Classic Stampin' Pad (#115656); Soft Suede Classic Stampin' Pad (#115657); Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker (#100082); VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock:  Melon Mambo (#115320); Crumb Cake (#120953); Pretty in Pink (#100459); Soft Suede (#115318); Whisper White (#100730); Basic Black (#121045)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Square Lattice Embossing Folder (#119976); Fashionable Hearts Embosslits (#125596); Small Heart Punch (#117193); Small Oval Punch (#120908); 2-1/2" Circle Punch (#120906); 1-3/4" Circle Punch (#119850); 1" Circle Punch (#119868); 3/4" Circle Punch (#119873); 1/2" Circle Punch (#119869); Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (#118309); Heat Tool (#129053); Adorning Accents Edgelits Dies (#125595); Sponge Daubers (#102892)
The Finishing Touches:  Pearl Basic Jewels (#119247); Bitty Buttons (#118761); White Baker's Twine (#124262); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Glue Dots (#103683); White uni-ball Signo Gel Pen (#105021); Melon Mambo Stampin' Emboss Powder (#123223)

      

6 comments:

Amy O said...

What a sweet card! That teddy bear is precious! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday this week!

Amanda Mertz said...

Love your custom DSP made with the inlaid embossing technique! It's a perfect backdrop for your sweet bear! Thanks for sharing with us at Fab Friday!

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh! This is absolutely adorable, Patti! I love the texture and the colors! Awesome!

Marla Reed said...

This is so stinkin' cute! I love the punch art bear and the hearts embedded into the background strip are the perfect finishing touch. Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

Dale Morin said...

Patti, I love him. Should have made him for my grandchildren. He is adorable.

Denise Willerton said...

Great baby card. TFS and stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment! Enjoy your day!