Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Anniversary Fan Fair

Good Monday morning all.  I hope you had a wonderful weekend.  We visited our granddaughter yesterday.  I've forgotten how quickly babies change in just three weeks.  What a fun day!  Today I have an anniversary card to share with you.  I used two challenges in creating it:  Try Stampin' On Tuesday Challenge #108 and the Friday Mashup  Challenge #100 - use any previous challenge.  I chose challenge #59 - use a decorative edge and ribbon/bow.

I started with a base of Baja Breeze card stock that was cut at 4-1/2" x 11", scored at 5-1/2" and folded in half.  I then used the retired Lace Border Punch to punch along one side (saw this idea on Micky Roberts' blog here).  The edges were sponged with Island Indigo ink.  To get the inside edge sponged without getting it all over the place, I slid a scrap piece of paper under it and sponged.  I added a piece of sponged-around-the-edges Fan Fair designer paper to Rich Razzleberry card stockA piece of Victoria Crochet Trim was added and the layer attached to the card.  The sentiment is a stamp I bought at a local craft store back when I first started stamping.  It was colored with Baja Breeze, Island Indigo and Rich Razzleberry markers, huffed on and stamped on Very Vanilla card stock.  The edges were sponged with Island Indigo Ink.  I matted it with Rich Razzleberry card stock, added two Rich Razzleberry brads and popped it up on the card with Dimensionals.  A Victoria Crochet Trim bow was added as the final touch.  I did change the sketch a little:  the edge was punched and since my large image was a sentiment, I added a bow.  That's the fun of challenges; they are a starting point for your imagination.  Have a wonderful day.  Remember that spring is really coming!!

Stampin' Up! Products Used
Ink:  Island Indigo Classic Stampin' Pad (#1229370); 2011-2013 In Color Markers (#123003); Rich Razzleberry Stampin' Write Marker (#120970); Subtles Stampin' Write Markers (#119700)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Baja Breeze Card Stock (#111352); Rich Razzleberry Card Stock (#115316); Very Vanilla Card Stock (#101650); Fan Fair Designer Series Paper (#126918)
Tools:  Lace Ribbon Border Punch (retired); Sponge Daubers (#102892)
The Finishing Touches:  Victoria 5/8" Crochet Trim (#118481); 3/16" Brights Brads (#119740); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)

     


6 comments:

Mynnette said...

This is absolutely FABULOUS! LOVE the use of the punch down the side and I LOVE that lace bow! Thanks for joining us at TSOT! :)

Lisa said...

So pretty! Love your colors and the decorative edge is just perfect. Wonderful job on the Mashup you chose!

Thanks so much for joining us for the 100th Challenge celebration at The Friday Mashup!

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful card... love the lacy punch, ribbon, and paper. The font matches perfectly. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup's 100th celebration.

Lili said...

Beautiful card!The colors you used are great together, and the edge looks terrific. Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup this week!

Bonnie said...

I love the way you've stamped the sentiment and these are such pretty blues!

Karen said...

Beautiful card. I love the fancy cut edge and the blues are beautiful. And I really love that lace ribbon you added. Thanks for sharing with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.