Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

Easter Treats

I don't know about you but I have so many projects and ideas saved on my computer with the intent to try them one day.  I needed five little treats for the ladies at the hair salon so I perused all the saved projects and decided on this one I saw here on Amanda Corbett's blog last year.  She has a wonderful step-by-step tutorial for this really easy little bird house so check it out if you're interested in creating some of these.

As you can see I made them in a variety of colors that are perfect for spring and Easter.  The only thing I did differently than Amanda (besides the colors) was the roof.  I don't have the Woodgrain background stamp so I embossed the Soft Suede card stock roof with 
the Woodgrain embossing folder.  Also, instead of the French Filigree background stamp, I used the flourish stamp in the Creative Elements stamp set.  The same color ink as the bird house card stock was used to stamp the flourish.  This was such a fun project and didn't take as long as I thought it wouldSome small Easter treats were added before I brought them to the ladies.  These would make such cute party or shower favors.  I wish you all a blessed and happy Easter.  Thanks for stopping by.

Stampin' Up! Products Used (for the yellow bird house)
Stamp Sets:  Creative Elements; Language of Friendship
Ink:  Daffodil Delight Classic Stampin' Pad; Soft Suede Classic Stampin' Pad; Night of Navy Classic Stampin' Pad
Card Stock:  Daffodil Delight; Soft Suede; Night of Navy; Bashful Blue; Old Olive
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine; Bird Builder Punch; 1" Circle Punch; Scallop Edge Border Punch; Woodgrain Textured Impressions Embossing Folder; Mini Milk Carton Bigz L Die; Sponge Daubers
The Finishing Touches:  Window Sheets; Sticky Strip; 2-Way Glue Pen; Stampin' Dimensionals

      

1 comment:

Eileen Lang said...

Those are really cute Patti. I made some Easter treats with the Milk Carton Die, but these are much cuter. Will have to case them next Easter.