Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Healthy .... and not so healthy

As you can see, my post title describes my card to a "T" - a little bit healthy and a LOT not quite (unless you count dark chocolate as one of your food groups).  I used The Paper Players Challenge #138 and the ABC Challenge #22 - Easter for my inspiration.

I haven't made too many Easter cards this year so when I saw this sketch I thought of this retired Chocolate Bunny single stamp.  The card base is Pretty in Pink card stock.  On the front right edge I used the Big Shot and one of the Adorning Accents Edgelits Dies to cut off the edge.  I then ran it through the Big Shot again with the Adorning Accents embossing folder.  A piece of Rich Razzleberry Polka Dot Parade designer paper was also cut out with the same die and attached along the cut and embossed edge of the card front.  Rich Razzleberry card stock was embossed using the Big Shot and the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder and added to the card.  I heat embossed the image using VersaMark and Early Espresso embossing powder on Whisper White card stock.  It was matted with Pretty in Pink card stock.  After adding three Rich Razzleberry brads, it was popped up on the card with dimensionals.  The sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamps set was heat embossed on Rich Razzleberry card stock using VersaMark and White embossing powder, cut out with one of the Bitty Banners Framelits Dies and matted with a piece of Pretty in Pink card stock cut out with another Bitty Banners die.  It was attached using a dimensional.  The carrot was hand drawn on Pumpkin Pie card stock, accented with a Pumpkin Pie marker and sponged around the edges with Pumpkin Pie inkThe "carrot top" was snipped from Old Olive card 
stock and attached to the carrot.  A dimensional was used to add it to the card.  I also added a piece of Rich Razzleberry card stock to the inside edge of the card.  It was cut out along one edge with the same die and embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folderI did this so the cut edge of the front would stand out a little better.  I hope you enjoyed today's card and, as always, if you have any questions, please let me know.  Enjoy your evening and I'll see you soon.

Stampin' Up Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Teeny Tiny Wishes; Chocolate Bunny (retired)
Ink:  VersaMark; Pumpkin Pie Classic Stampin' Pad; Pumpkin Pie Stampin Write Marker
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Pretty in Pink Card Stock; Rich Razzleberry Card Stock; Whisper White Card Stock; Pumpkin Pie Card Stock; Old Olive Card Stock; Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine; Heat Tool; Adorning Accents Edgelits Dies; Adorning Accents Embossing Folders; Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder; Bitty Banners Framelits; Paper Snips; Sponge Daubers
The Finishing Touches:  Early Espresso Stampin' Emboss Powder; White Stampin' Emboss Powder; 3/16" Brights Brads; Stampin' Dimensionals

       

5 comments:

jaydee said...

Patti, this is uber cute! I am in love with your bunny and his carrot. Love your scalloped edge border, too. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

stampwithsandy said...

Hmm I thought dark chocolate WAS healthy! I'll take the bunny, you can keep the carrot, LOL! Great card and thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players, Patti!

Nance Leedy said...

Darling card, Patti! I still love this chocolate bunny and he looks great against rich razzleberry. Clever use of the edgelit die too...thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

AnnMarie said...

Such a great card!! I love the colors and the decorative edge is awesome! Thanks for playing along with us over at ABC Challenges! :)

Danielle Vincent said...

Love it Patti! I forgot that I have that great choc bunny stamp too - you've inspired me to pull it out quickly before Easter tomorrow. Great card - love the rich razzleberry and the scalloped card edge. Thanks so much for joining us this week at ABC Challenges.