Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas Tree

Today's card is my weekly one for the Merry Monday Challenge #51 and also the Nacho Average Challenge #35.

As you can see, I turned the sketch 180 degrees so I could make a tree from the triangle.  The Merry Monday challenge was a tic-tac-toe challenge and I decided to use the top row for my card.  For the base I chose Gumball Green card stock.  To this I added a piece of Snow Festival designer paper.  The tree was cut out of Whisper White card stock using the Big Shot and the Perfect Pennants die.  I then embossed it with the Big Shot and the Lacy Brocade embossing folder and sponged around the edges with Gumball Green ink.  As my ribbon, I used Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine.  I braided three pieces and used them for the garland on the tree.  The tree was then attached to the card using dimensionals.  Pearls were colored with the Cherry Cobbler marker (after lightly coating them with some Mod Podge) and added to the tree.  For a little sparkle I added some Rhinestones.  The star was punched out of Brushed Gold card stock using the star from the Merry Minis Punch Pack.  I attached that to the tree with a Glue Dot and added a Rhinestone.  Another easy card to put together and another to add to my collection of Christmas cards for the end of the year.  It was certainly a good feeling this past holiday to have a bunch of cards ready to go.  Enjoy your day.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Ink:  Gumball Green Classic Stampin Pad (#126861); Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Write Marker (#119681)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Cherry Cobbler Card Stock (#119685); Whisper White Card Stock (#100730); Brushed Gold Card Stock (#102938); Snow Festival Designer Series Paper (#126908)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Perfect Pennants Bigz L Die (#123126); Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder (#127819); Merry Minis Punch Pack (#126882); Sponge Daubers (#102892)
The Finishing Touches:  Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine (#123125); Pearl Basic Jewels (#119247); Basic Rhinestone Jewels (#119246); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Glue Dots (#103683)

       

9 comments:

Susan Joyce said...

So creative, lovely Christmas Tree and use of the Tic Tac Toe line. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week.

Tammy said...

What a great card!!! I love it!

Bonnie said...

What a pretty Christmas tree, Patti! That sketch was made to be flipped! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Jenny Engelke said...

What a brilliant way to use this sketch, Patti! Wonderful!

Margaret Moody said...

Wonderful card, Patti! Love your embossed tree and all the great embellishments! Great job with the challenge!

Notes by Nina said...

Very nice card Patti, your Christmas tree is wonderful. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

Carol L said...

Your embossed tree looks wonderful on the darker background, and I love how you "decorated" it :) The gold star looks perfect!

Anne Hayward said...

Love this idea. Great take on the challenge! Thanks for playing along with the Nachos.

Dale Morin said...

Another great Christmas card. So far I have been keeping my promise to myself and doing 6 Christmas cards a month. Of course I am only in my 3rd month! Love all your samples. They truly inspire me.