Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Let It Snow - NOT!!!

Today I have my Christmas card for the Merry Monday Challenge #54.  I also used these challenges:  Try Stampin' On Tuesday Challenge #110 and 52 (Christmas) Card Throwdown Embellishment Challenge #15.

Since I am cutting this short in getting it in to the Merry Monday challenge, I won't go into too much detail.  Most of the things I used to create this card are retired.  I did use Baja Breeze card stock for the base of the card.  The designer  paper is from the retired Festival of Prints Paper
Stack.  The ribbon and bow are retired Soft Suede Polka Dot ribbon.  The image and mat were cut out with the Labels Collection Framelits.  I colored the image from the retired Jolliest Time of the Year stamp set with Blender Pens and Island Indigo, Baja Breeze, Basic Black, Soft Suede and Pumpkin Pie inks.  Dazzling Details were added to "sparkle" up snow and snowman.  The image and mat were popped up with dimensionals.
I'm sorry I didn't go into more detail but as I said I am really late getting this finished and my afternoon is calling for other things.  If you have any questions, please leave a comment or send an e-mail.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend.



Stampin' Up! Products Used
Stamp Set:  Jolliest Time of the Year (retired)
Ink:  Jet Black StazOn Ink; Island Indigo Classic Stampin' Pad; Baja Breeze Classic Stampin' Pad; Soft Suede Classic Stampin' Pad; Basic Black Classic Stampin' Pad; Pumpkin Pie Classic Stampin' Pad
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Baja Breeze Card Stock; Very Vanilla Card Stock; Watercolor Paper; Festival of Prints Paper Stack (retired)
Tools:  Big Shot; Labels Collection Framelits Dies; Stamping Sponges; Blender Pens
The Finishing Touches:  Dazzling Details; Stampin' Dimensionals; Glue Dots; Soft Suede Polka Dot Ribbon (retired)
    
  
  

17 comments:

Margaret Moody said...

I love your card, Patti! Your snowman is just precious and you did a fabulous job of adding color to the image! Love the non-traditional color combo too! Great card!

Lesley said...

Wonderful card Patti, love the colours and the sketch!

Bonnie said...

Love the snowman. Love the layout. Love the ribbon and bow. Patti, I love this card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

Tracey McNeely said...

Patti I couldn't agree more, enough winter. Your card is just adorable. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

Paula Reid said...

What a refreshing card! I love it. You've done a great job with the sketch. Thanks for playing along at TSOT and TFS.

Sarah said...

This card is so adorable! I love the ribbon, colours and the snowman is just too cute :) Thanks for joining us this week at Try Stampin' On Tuesday.

Susan Joyce said...

I like your sweet snowman all in a flurry Patti and the way you used your ribbon. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

Patricia H said...

I love the color combo you chose. Your bow is tied perfectly! The sparkle on the snow is a terrific finishing touch. I'm glad you shared your card in this week's challenge at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown, and I hope you'll join us again soon.

Louise van Vuren said...

Hi Patti, great to have you at 52 CCT again. Love this snowman card, especially the colour choice and, as Particia said, a perfectly tied bow. Thanks for playing along with our embellishment challenge this week
Louise xx

Mynnette said...

This is just beautiful, Patti! LOVE the fabulous snowman image...and your bow is amazing! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT & TSOT! :)

Dale Morin said...

How cute! But no more snow please!

Danielle Vincent said...

I agree - NO snow!! This is the only kind of snow I want to see for a while - a great snowman on a perfectly beautiful card! I love your ribbon and bow Patti. Thanks for joining us this week at 42CCT!

Deborah Frings said...

Fabulous combination of challenges! Love the colours you've used (the paper is lovely - shame it's retired!) Such a fun snowman and I do like the way you've used the ribbon and bow! Thanks for playing along with 52CCT this week!

Ann Schach said...

Wow, Patti! Those Dazzling Details really set off the snowman! Your color combination is awesome, as is the fabulous bow.

Margaret said...

That snowman is such a happy chappy.
Gorgeous card.
hugs
Margaret M

sarahstone said...

I love the layout of your card- especially the lovely shape in the middle. Your bow is super cute! Thanks for playing at 52CCT!

Daen'Ys said...

Congratulations for the honors!
Love this sweet and adorable snowman! Your card is just gorgeous!

Rosi x