Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Blue is for Boy


My card today is based on the CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge #23.  I needed a baby card and I really wanted to use this sketch so I quickly put this together but I am cutting it quite close with posting it to the challenge.

Bashful Blue card stock was used as the base.  I then ran a piece of Certainly Celery card stock through the Big Shot with the Honeycomb Embossing Folder.  I trimmed it down to three rows and added the sentiment with the All Around Alphabet stamp set using Marina Mist ink.  To avoid flattening out the embossing I attached it diagonally using Glue Dots and trimmed off the over-hanging edges.  The bib from the Baby Boutique stamp set (long retired) was stamped on Bashful Blue card stock with Marina Mist ink and carefully cut out with an Xacto knife.  A couple of Dimensionals were used to attach it to the card.  A Pearl was added to the duck's eye on the bib.  Pretty simple card to put together although the cutting took the most time.  Thanks for dropping by.  See you soon (I hope).

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Baby Boutique (retired); All Around Alphabet (retired)
Card Stock:  Bashful Blue; Certainly Celery
Ink:  Marina Mist Classic Stampin' Pad
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine; Paper Snips; Honeycomb Embossing Folder; Xacto Knife (retired)
The Finishing Touches:  Pearl Basic Jewels; Glue Dots; Stampin' Dimensionals
      

3 comments:

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

What a fun use of the embossed hexes! Very clever! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Bonnie said...

Sweet baby card! I love how you cut the honeycomb! We've been missing you at Merry Monday.

Dale Morin said...

I love this card! Perfect for that embossing folder.