Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A Washi Happy Birthday

Good morning out there in blog land.  I have really been lax about posting but I think I have some good excuses.  My sister from North Carolina was visiting for 2 weeks, we visited our granddaughter one day and my sister and I organized and held my paper crafting yard sale.  I do have to admit I got a little too relaxed during this 2 plus weeks.  To ease back into my blogging I have a card based on two challenges:  CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge #31 and Sunday Stamps Challenge #51.

This is a pretty simple card to put together (wouldn't want to do anything too brain strenuous now would I?).  I used Sahara Sand card stock for the base.  A piece of Daffodil Delight card stock was first run through the Big Shot with the Large Scallop Edgelit and then again using one of the Delicate Designs embossing folders.  Above that I added a strip of Gingham Garden designer paper.  I tore the edges of three strips of  Gingham Garden Washi Tape and
added them.  I wasn't too sure about washi tape but I think it will be a fun embellishment to add to cards and other projects.  The sentiment from the Label Love stamp set was heat embossed on Daffodil Delight card stock with VersaMark and Melon Mambo embossing powder and punched out with the Artisan Label Punch.  I punched out a circle from a piece of Melon Mambo card stock and wrapped some Linen Thread around it.  The sentiment was attached to the circle using Glue Dots and then I used dimensionals to add it to the card.   It felt good to be creative again even though I took it pretty easy.  I hope all has been well with you; I'm looking forward to catching up on my blog hopping.  Thanks for stopping by.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Label Love (w-#130619/c-#130622)
Ink:  VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Sahara Sand Card Stock (#121043); Daffodil Delight Card Stock (#119683); Melon Mambo Card Stock (#115320); Gingham Garden Designer Series Paper (#129310)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Heat Tool (#129053); Delicate Designs Embossing folders (#127023); Large Scallop Edgelits (#127019); 1-3/4" Circle Punch (#119850); Artisan Label Punch (#130920)
The Finishing Touches:  Melon Mambo Stampin' Emboss Powder (#123223); Gingham Garden Designer Washi Tape (#129314); Linen Thread (#104199); Glue Dots (#103683); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)

  

6 comments:

Hayley Kew said...

Patty fabulous use of both challenges. My goodness I am IN LOVE with washi tape! Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps this week, we sure hope to see you back again soon :)

lostinpaper said...

What a fun card! Love the embossing and those fab strips of washi!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

Joan said...

Fun, fun, fun. I love your use of the washi tape - and you rocked the Melon Mambo embossed onto the Daffodil Delight. Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps.

Kathya said...

Cute card Patti! I too love how you used the washi tape, very cool! Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!

OttawaMom said...

I love everything about your card especially the way you used the washi tape. I haven't been too sure of it myself but I am excited to give it a try. Thanks for joining us this week at Sunday Stamps!

Hofkissed said...

So glad you used the washi tape... such a fun embellie! Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!