Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

Birds in Winter


Things are warming up here in the Northeast so I thought I'd cool it down a little with the Merry Monday Challenge #67.

As you can see, Whisper White card stock was center stage on this one including the card base.  I then heat embossed the sentiment from the Greetings of the Season stamp set on Whisper White card stock using VersaMark and Cherry Cobbler embossing powder.  It was then put through the Big Shot using the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  Rather than cut the curved bottom I just embossed it using the Simply Scored Borders PlateCherry Cobbler Baker's Twine was wrapped around and the layer attached to the card front.  Cherry Cobbler and Early Espresso markers were used to color the rubber on the image stamp from the Serene Silhouettes stamp set and then  stamped on a piece of Whisper White card stock.  I cut it out with the Big Shot and one of the Window Frames Dies.  Another size of the same dies was cut out of Cherry Cobbler card stock and pierced around the edges using the Festive Paper-Piercing Pack.  I added the image and then  some Dazzling Diamonds to the tree branches.  Dimensionals were used to attach it to the card.  Another card added to my growing stack of Christmas cards.  Enjoy your weekend.

JUST A REMINDER:  You have until Saturday night to win some blog candy - see this post here.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Serene Silhouettes (w-#127322/c-#127324); Greetings of the Season (w-#128030/c-#128033)
Ink:  Early Espresso Stampin' Write Marker (#119680); Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Write Marker (#119681); VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock:  Whisper White (#100730); Cherry Cobbler (#119685)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (#117335); Window Frames Collection Framelits Dies (#129021); Festive Paper-Piercing Pack (#127857); Heat Tool (#129053); Paper-Piercing Tool (#126189); Simply Scored Borders Plate (#126192)
The Finishing Touches:  Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine (#123125); Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter (#102023); 2-Way Glue Pen (#100425); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)

  

8 comments:

Dale Morin said...

Great card. Don't you love those birds? This may have to be my June card.

Bonnie said...

Oh, Patti! This is soooo pretty! I love the way you've scored the line amid the dots and the red birds are so striking! This is going in my CASE file! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh, how clever is that curved score line.....I never even thought to use my Simply Scored like that! This is just beautiful, I love red & white together....pretty, pretty, pretty!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Stunning! What a beautiful card Patti! I'm loving all that white and I just love that stamp set for Christmas! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, Patti! Love this set used for a Christmas card along with the added twine!
Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

Katherine said...

This is such a sweet card. I love that scored line!

Ann Schach said...

WOW! You did a fabulous job with what I thought was a challenging layout! This is so clean and gorgeous!

Marie B. said...

Very pretty! :)