Pages

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Christmas Cheer

Happy weekend everyone.  I have a card today for the Merry Monday Challenge #66.  It's been a while since I joined in with the weekly challenge but some Christmas cards are better than none, right?

To save a lot of gabbing about how this card is put together, I'll just say it's exactly how you see it.  The only thing I'll mention is the sentiment banner.  After heat embossing the sentiment on the Cherry Cobbler card stock, I broke down the fibers a little using my bone folder.  This enabled me to easily attach it to the card in a "wavy" manner using glue dots.  If you have any questions, please e-mail me using the link on the side bar.  And if you'd like to get a head start on your Christmas/holiday cards, stop by the Merry Monday Challenge; there's always a great sketch to inspire your imagination.  Have a great weekend.  Be sure to wish all those dad's in your life a very Happy Father's Day.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Sweet Essentials (w-#126455/c-#126457)
Ink:  VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Gumball Green Card Stock (#126840); Cherry Cobbler Card Stock (#119685); Brushed Silver Card Stock (#100712); Snow Festival Designer Series Paper (retired)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Heat Tool (#129053); Northern Flurry Embossing Folder (#120902); Bone Folder (#102300)
The Finishing Touches:  Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109131); Glue Dots (#103683); Silver Brads (retired)

 

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

The embossed silver is so elegant, Patti! And what a good idea to use a bone folder to break down the paper for the banner! I'll have to remember that. Thanks for sharing that trick. And thanks so much for sharing with us again at Merry Monday!

Susan Joyce said...

I like how you embossed the silver panel Patti and the wavy banner, lovely Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week.