Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Happy Birthday Sis

Good Thursday morning to you.  For this card I used three challenges for inspiration:  Freshly Made Sketch Challenge #91, Fab Friday Challenge #20 and Paper Players Challenge #150.  Today is my younger sister's birthday so I'll give her this card when I take her out for lunch.

By the time I finished this card, hunger pangs were setting in; the colors are not only yummy looking but the names are hunger inducing (except for Coastal Cabana).  I used Crisp Cantaloupe card stock for the base of the card.  I punched a strip of Baked Brown Sugar card stock using the Scallop Trim Border Punch.  A piece of Pistachio 
Pudding card stock was run through the Big Shot with 
the Woodgrain embossing folder.  I attached the Brown
Sugar strip to the right edge and attached it to the card.  The sentiment from the retired Happiest Birthday Wishes stamp set was heat embossed on Crisp Cantaloup card stock using VersaMark and Baked Brown Sugar ink.  I "flagged" one end.  This 
was matted with Brown Sugar card stock and the flagged end was lightly curled.  Glue Dots were used to attach it to the card.  I heat embossed two butterflies from the Papillon Potpourri stamp set using VersaMark, Coastal Cabana and Strawberry Slush inks.  They were punched out with the Bitty Butterfly and Elegant Butterfly punches.  I punched out another of the larger butterfly from Strawberry Slush card stock and used it to mat the larger embossed butterfly.  The small one was attached to the larger one with Glue Dots and added to the card with more Glue DotsRhinestones were added to the butterfly, the scalloped edge and the "i" in birthday.  I hope you enjoyed today's card.

If you're not aware, I'm giving away some blog candy over the weekend.  Check out the blog post here for all the details.  A comment on any post this week will put your name in the hat.  See you soon.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Papillon Potpourri (w-#132058/c-#123759); Happiest Birthday Wishes (retired)
Ink:  VersaMark (#102283); Baked Brown Sugar Classic Stampin' Pad (#131174); Coastal Cabana Classic Stampin' Pad (#131175); Strawberry Slush Classic Stampin' Pad (#131178)
Card Stock:  Crisp Cantaloupe (#131298); Baked Brown Sugar (#131296); Pistachio Pudding (#131294); Strawberry Slush (#131295); Whisper White (#100730)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Woodgrain Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (#127821); Scallop Trim Border Punch (#118402); Bitty Butterfly (#129406); Elegant Butterfly Punch (#127526); Paper Snips (#103579)
The Finishing Touches:  Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130); Basic Rhinestone Jewels (#119246); Glue Dots (#103683)

   

9 comments:

Amanda Mertz said...

I love the open space with the subtle texture! It really makes the butterfly stand out! And that bling down the edge can't be beat! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Eileen Lang said...

Good morning Patti - nice to wake up to such a nice card. Love the butterfly most of all and the embossing really made it stand out. And, thanks for your comment on my blog yesterday!

LeAnne said...

Wowza! Look at you combining all these challenges! And in such a wonderful way, too! I love that you chose the Pistachio as your main color....I haven't played with that color too much yet! Thanks for playing with the Players this week!

Marla Reed said...

I love your layered butterfly paired with the Woodgrain texture. The bling on the border is a great finishing touch. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday!

Anne Marie Hile said...

So pretty, Patti! I love the softness of the woodgrain and the boldness of the bling. Thanks for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

Justin said...

I never thought to use Pistachio for a background but it looks lovely! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week! :-)

Linda Suarez said...

Beautiful card Patti! I love the woodgrain embossing and all the bling! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Rita said...

Your layered butterfly is gorgeous. Love the embossing too. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

Pam Steckman said...

Wow, isn't it amazing how texture really "makes" a card? I just love the combination of texture, punched esge, rhinestone... you did great! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Fab Friday!