Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Hubby Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my husband who is celebrating his ?? birthday today.  This is the card I created using two challenges:  Pals Paper Arts Sketch Challenge #161 and Friday Mashup Challenge #115 - Triple Time Stamping Technique and/or choose 3 of four color choices (I chose Crumb Cake, Pacific Point and Summer Starfruit).

I thought this would be a perfect sketch to work with the triple stamping.  I chose Pacific Point for the card base.  Before I did any of the stamping, I cut out the Very Vanilla card stock into the size square I was going to use and made diagonal cuts in the opposite upper and lower corners.  I laid them out on a piece of scrap paper cut to the size of the mat I was going to use.  I then cut a smaller square of Very Vanilla and laid it in the center.  
The tree stamp from the Serene Silhouettes stamp set was then stamped randomly  using Pacific Point and Summer Starfruit inks.  Two square pieces of Crumb Cake card stock were cut for the mats.  The edges were distressed and then sponged with Crumb Cake ink.  The stamped pieces were attached to the mats and added to the card.  Before adding the smaller matted image, I wrapped some hemp twine around one side.  The sentiment from the Label Love stamp set was stamped on Very Vanilla card stock with Pacific Point ink and punched out with the Artisan Label Punch.  I punched out another one from Crumb Cake card stock, sponged those edges, cut it in half and used it to mat the top and bottom.  The sentiment was attached using Glue Dots on the left side and Dimensionals on the right side; this helps keep it level.  The colors were a pretty good combo for a guy card.  Thanks for coming by.  I'll be back soon.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Serene Silhouettes (w-#127322/c-#127324); Label Love (w-#130619/c-#130622)
Ink:  Crumb Cake Classic Stampin' Pad (#121030); Pacific Point Classic Stampin' Pad (#111837); Summer Starfruit Classic Stampin' Pad (#126991)
Card Stock:  Pacific Point (#111350); Crumb Cake (#120953); Very Vanilla (#101650)
Tools:  Stampin' Distress Tool (#127562); Artisan Label Punch (#130920); Sponge Daubers (#102892)
The Finishing Touches:  Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Glue Dots (#103683); Hemp Twine (retired)

  

8 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

What a neat way to stack your panels. I love the diagonal cuts as well! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Ann Schach said...

I love your take on the sketch, Patti! The hemp twine is the perfect touch on this awesome masculine card!

Lisa said...

Love your interpretation of the technique and how you laid out your panels! Terrific card!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Tara (Murphy) Bourgoin said...

What a cool design! I love the diagonal panel and how you've used that stamp. Great use of the challenge colours as well. Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup!

Holly said...

What a great guy card.. I love how you created the diagonal panels in the back! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

Patti MacLeith said...

Great hubby-worthy card! Thanks for playing at PPA!

Amy White said...

What a fab card for your hubby! Love how you've used the tree as a background builder - it looks fab in these colours! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup this week!

Sandie Conner said...

Great way to use the layout, and the colors are fun. Great card! Thanks for having fun with the PPA this week!