Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A Very Simple Thank You

I've been a little lazy the last few days so when I saw this CAS - Colours and Sketches Challenge #33, I thought it would be a good one to jump start me again.

I used Very Vanilla card stock for the base of the card.  I cut two pieces out using the Big Shot and the Squares Collection Framelits.  I had to attach one piece to the other while keeping the scallops at the top.  On one cut out piece, I scored across the card stock about 1/4" down from the top.  I folded it on the score line and attached it to the other one
as close to the edge with Sticky StripWhen you
lift the front, the score on the back allows the card to be opened.  I've added a photo; I hope it's a visual help to my explanation.  I cut two pieces of Modern Medley designer paper, matted them with Bermuda Bay card stock and attached them to the card.  The sentiment from the Express Yourself stamp set was heat embossed on Very Vanilla card stock and also matted with Bermuda Bay.  Two Black Glimmer Brads were added and this layer was added to the card with Dimensionals.  Well, you couldn't get any easier than that.  Hopefully it will give me the needed kick in the seat of my pants to be creative again.  Thank you for stopping by.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Express Yourself (w-#130336/c-#130339 - hostess)
Ink:  VersaMark  (#102283)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Very Vanilla Card Stock (#101650); Bermuda Bay Card Stock (#131197); Modern Medley Deisgner Series Paper (#126926)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Squares Collection Framelits (#130921); Heat Tool (#129053)
The Finishing Touches:  Black Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109133); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); 3/8" Basics Glimmer Brads (#121005); Sticky Strip (#104294)

   

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

Ooooh, I am LOVING this!

Karen (carefree creations) said...

Wonderful card! Love the elegant patterns you put together with the scallop edge! Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

Jacqueline said...

Love this - so CAS and so perfect for our challenge this week at CC&S - thanks for joining in - Jacqueline xx

Louise van Vuren said...

Simple yes, but so effective. Very CAS love the DP and the very clever scoring! Thanks for joining in the fun at CC&S this week

Louise xx