Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

Hello There!


Guess what?  Here I am using my favorite stamp set - again!!  I never put it away from the last card so I grabbed it to use for the Friday Mashup Challenge #119 and the Dynamic Duos Challenge #62.  I also used my second most favorite stamp set.

I chose Very Vanilla card stock for my card base.  I heat embossed the "tire track" image from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set twice (used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to line the two up) using VersaMark and Black Embossing Powder on a piece of Epic Day This and That designer paper.  It was then matted with Basic Black card stockCalypso Coral Baker's Twine was wrapped around three times and tied in a knot. The layer was then attached to the card.  The old-fashioned phone image from the 
Timeless Talk stamp set was also heat embossed the same as the "tracks" on Very Vanilla card stock.  I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to center the sentiment in the right place and heat embossed it using VersaMark, Calypso Coral ink and Clear Embossing Powder.  I matted it with Basic Black card stock.  I attached a Calypso Coral Candy Dot to a Candy Dots Brad Base, added it to the center of the phone dial, and used Dimensionals to attach it to the card.  You'll probably be seeing another card using this stamp set because there is another image I haven't used yet.  I'll try to restrain myself for a couple of days.  Thanks for coming by.  Have a good week.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Timeless Talk (w-#126605/c-#126607); Gorgeous Grunge (w-#130514/c-#130517)
Ink:  Calypso Coral Classic Stampin' Pad (#122939); VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Very Vanilla Card Stock (#101650); Basic Black Card Stock (#121045); Epic Day This and That Designer Series Paper (#130814)
Tools:  Heat Tool (#129053); Clear Mount Block B (#117147); Clear Mount Block D (#118485); Clear Mount Block H (#118490); Stamp-a-ma-jig (#101049)
The Finishing Touches:  Subtles Candy Dots (#130933); Candy Dots Brad Bases (#132293); Calypso Coral Baker's Twin (#125573); Black Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109133); Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)

 
 
 

6 comments:

Debbie Henderson said...

Great way to use this stamp set Patti. Love how you used the DSP and added from there! Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos this week!

Heidi Baks said...

Waving hi from across the Hudson. Cute, cute! Perfect with the little candy dot in the center. Love the use of the "slanty" image... don't know what to call that. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Amy White said...

Fab card! Love the little candy dot in the centre of the phone! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup this week!

Lisa said...

I love how you used the tracks for that portion of the sketch, what a great idea! Terrific card!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Bonnie said...

A wonderful use of these colors!

Ann Schach said...

Adorable, Patti! Great colors! The candy dot is the perfect touch!