Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Making A List

Happy Sunday all.  I hope you're enjoying a wonderful weekend.  In making today's Christmas card, I took on three challenges:  Pals Paper Arts Sketch Challenge #165; The Friday Mashup Challenge 120 - Christmas in July and stripes; Merry Monday July Challenge - anything goes.

I decided to use Crumb Cake card stock for the card base.  On one side I added a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock embossed with the Big Shot and the Woodgrain embossing folderI cut the bottom of a piece of Season of Style designer paper with the Finishing Touches Edgelit, matted it with Cherry Cobbler card stock and attached it to the card.  The image from the Santa's List stamp set was heat embossed on Whisper White card stock using VersaMark and
Cherry Cobbler embossing powder.  I used the Circles Collection Framelits to cut it out as well as the Old Olive mat.  The sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set was stamped in Old Olive ink under the image.  Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine was wrapped around the image three times using a glue pen.  I left the ends long so I could tie them in a knot and make a bow.  Mini jingle bells were attached at the end of the tails of the bow.  This whole layer was added to the card using Dimensionals.  I love this image; who doesn't like Santa!!!  Thanks for your visit and hope you come back soon.  Thanks also for leaving comments; they are all read and truly appreciated.  See you soon.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Santa's List (available August 1); Teeny Tiny Wishes (w-#115370/c-#127802)
Ink:  Old Olive Classic Stampin' Pad (#102277); VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Crumb Cake Card Stock (#120953); Cherry Cobbler Card Stock (#119685); Old Olive Card Stock (#100702); Whisper White Card Stock (#100730); Season of Style Designer Series Paper (available August 1)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Heat Tool (#129053); Finishing Touches Edgelits (#127010); Woodgrain Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (#127821); Circles Collection Framelits (#130911)
The Finishing Touches:  Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Emboss Powder (#122949); Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine (#123125); 2-Way Glue Pen (#100425); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Mini Jingle Bells (retired)

  

7 comments:

Beth Beard said...

So festive and the Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine and mini jingle bells are the perfect finishing touch! Thanks for playing with us at Pals Paper Arts.

Lisa said...

This is stunning Patti! I just love the bakers twine wound around the image, I could never get it looking as nice as you did!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

(P.S. Your card would also be perfect for one of my favorite Christmas blogs, jinglebellesrock.blogspot.com in case you're interested!)

Hazel said...

I saw your lovely Christmas card on Always playing with paper Merry Monday - you might also like to enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for July - I'd love to see it there too. x

Dale Morin said...

Great Santa card! I have fallen behind on asking my Christmas cards. Plan to catch up this week!

Peggy Noe said...

This card is so detailed! Love the woodgrain embossing folder on the cherry cobbler! And the matching baker's twine around the circle - beautiful touch! Thank you for playing with us at Pals Paper Arts!

LeAnne said...

Oh my goodness, you had me at the jingle bells. I would not have the patience to wrap that twine around, but what a cute effect! You are the queen of details!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is totally gorgeous! I just love this card and that fabulous Santa! (I want him!) Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!