Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

Old Time Happy Birthday

I know, this is the second post in a row using the same designer paper but I just love the patterns in the package.  Two challenges influenced my card today:  Mojo Monday Challenge #302 and the So Shelli Challenge - July (use products from the new Stampin' Up! catalog).

Daffodil Delight card stock was used for the card base.  I matted a piece of the Modern Medley designer paper with Basic Black card stock, ran a piece of Daffodil Delight ribbon across the bottom and attached it to the card.  The image from the Timeless Talk stamp set (my favorite this year) was heat embossed on a piece of Very Vanilla card stock using VersaMark and Black Embossing Powder.  This too was matted with Basic Black and then added to the card.  Three Daffodil Delight Candy Dots were added for a pop of color.  The sentiment from the same stamp set was also heat embossed the same way.  I wanted to cut it out to mat it so I first stamped the bubble from the stamp set and used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to get it in the center.  After embossing it, I cut it out inside the dots.  To mat it, I heat embossed the bubble on Daffodil Delight card stock and cut it out on the outside of the dots.  I added the sentiment with Glue Dots and used Dimensionals to pop it up on the card.  I made a bow from the same ribbon but before I attached it to the card, I tied a piece of Linen Thread around the ribbon strip to give it a gathered look.  The bow was attached with Glue Dots.  So happy with the way it turned out.  Well, the weekend is upon us so I hope you enjoy every minute.  See you soon.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Timeless Talk (w-#126605/c-#126607)
Ink:  VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Daffodil Delight Card Stock (#119683); Basic Black Card Stock (#121045); Very Vanilla Card Stock (#101650); Modern Medley Designer Series Paper (#126926)
Tools:  Heat Tool (#129053); Paper Snips (#103579); Stampin' Trimmer (#126889); Stamp-a-ma-jig (#101049)
The Finishing Touches:  Brights Candy Dots (#130931); Daffodil Delight 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon (#125583); Black Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109133); Linen Thread (#104199); Glue Dots (#103683); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)

   

2 comments:

Eileen Lang said...

Well, you convinced me to order the DSP and the Stamp Set. Love this card, and yesterdays too. Thought the stamp set would also be nice for making a boxed set of note cards, but with the addition of the DSP even better.

Bonnie said...

I love the yellow with black and white! And the paper is perfect with this image!