Pages

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Red, Blue and Crumb Cake?

Looks like I'm a couple of days late for a patriotic card but I wanted to challenge myself with the Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge #162.  The color Crumb Cake really threw me.  I also used the Techno Stamper Sketch Challenge #240.

Whisper White card stock was used for the card base.  Crumb Cake card stock was run through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder and matted with Pacific Point card stock.  I matted a piece of Real Red Polka Dot Parade designer paper with Pacific Point and added it to the Crumb Cake layer.  The sentiment from the Words of Courage stamp set was stamped on Whisper White with Pacific Point ink and
matted with Pacific Point card stock.  I wrapped some silver elastic cord around it and added it to the card.  The star image from the same stamp set was stamped three times on Whisper White (with the help of my Stamp-a-ma-jig) using Real Red, Pacific Point and Crumb Cake inks.  I matted it with Pacific Point, added silver brads and attached it using Dimensionals.  When I first saw this color challenge I couldn't figure out how to make the Crumb Cake work but it came together after all.  Thanks for coming by.  Hope your weekend is a good one.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Words of Courage (w-#132097/c-#126337)
Ink:  Real Red Classic Stampin' Pad (#103133); Pacific Point Classic Stampin' Pad (#111837); Crumb Cake Classic Stampin' Pad (#121030)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Whisper White Card Stock (#100730); Crumb Cake Card Stock (#120953); Pacific Point Card Stock (#111350); Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper (#126902)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (#117335); Stamp-a-ma-jig (#101049)
The Finishing Touches:  Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Silver Brads (retired); Silver Elastic Cord (retired)

 

 
 

4 comments:

MJ said...

I just adore this! Love the colors, the HERO, the stars love all of it! Great card, thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

Dawn Tidd said...

Those are great stars and the sentiment says it all. You did a great job incorporating the Crumb Cake and your card turned out fantastic! Thanks for joining us at the Pals Paper Arts.

Cindy Hall said...

This is such a wonderful card! I love the design and the details! Great combination of papers, texturing and embellishments. Thanks for sharing with us at Pals Paper Arts this week!

Mary Fish said...

Delightful trio of stars. Bravo on being a Pals Paper Arts Pick!