Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

Fall Gift Bag

Are you looking for a way to use up some of that hoarded designer paper?  I found this great video by Jackie Bolhuis here that shows you how easy this is to do.  I changed them up a bit; I'll explain those changes below.  The Paper Players Fall Theme Challenge #157 was the inspiration for the colors.

Since the theme was anything but a card, I had bookmarked this video to try one day.  So I dug out some retired designer paper and gave it a shot.  In the video, she starts out with two pieces of designer paper 12" x 12".  Having used my designer papers (I asked myself a while ago what was I saving them for), I didn't have two full pieces of the papers to use.  Soooo, I decided to downsize my original piece based on papers that I had.  My two starting pieces were 9" x 9".  Instead of the scored lines on the video, I scored three sides at 2-1/4" and the fourth side at 1-1/2".  Everything else was done exactly as in the video.  I did change up the piece of cardstock used at the bottom to give it some strength; I went with a piece of the backing that comes in the designer paper packages.  I've saved them and they've come in handy.  I added ribbon handles and some retired brads.  The ends of the ribbon were tucked under and tacked down with glue.  The sunflower was made using the daisies die. 
After sponging the edges, I attached them together and then to the bag with the glue.  The center of the sunflower was made by distressing the edges of Early Espresso card stock, catching the "shavings" and attaching them to a 1/2" circle of the same card stock using the glue pen.  After it dried, it was attached to the bag with glue.  This is a great bag for a small gift or some A2 size cards.  Six cards and envelopes will fit perfectly in the size box I made.  With so many choices of designer papers out there, you can make these bags for birthdays, Christmas, Halloween or any occasion you may need a gift.  Give one a try; you'll be surprised how easy it is.  Have a terrific weekend.  Remember, I'll be celebrating my blogoversary next week so stay tuned for some blog candy.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Ink:  More Mustard Classic Stampin' Pad (retired)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Early Espresso Card Stock (#119686); More Mustard Card Stock (retired); Orchard Harvest Designer Series Paper (retired)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); 1/2" Circle Punch (#119869); Sponge Daubers (#102892); Stampin' Distress Tool (#127562); Flower Daisies #2 Bigz Die (retired)
The Finishing Touches:  2-Way Glue Pen (#100425); Filigree Designer Brads (retired); More Mustard 1/2" Scallop Dots Ribbon (retired)

  

2 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

What a great gift bag, and great way to use up some DSP! That big gorgeous daisy is just perfect with the paper you chose. Thanks for sharing the link to the tutorial, and thanks for sharing your creation with us at The Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a fun fall gift bag, Patti! I love that paper and the little floral brads are a fun touch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players for my anything but a card challenge! :)