Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

In My Thoughts in One Layer

Today I have a one layer card again.  This is based on the Paper Players Challenge #159 - make a one layer card.  I also used the colors from the Fab Friday Challenge #24 and the Friday Mashup Challenge #123 (use clear blocks and/or color blocking).

The finished card is 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" and the base is Whisper White card stock.  I first inked up the Clear Mount Block E with Crumb Cake ink.  After stamping it off on scrap paper, I ran just the edges along the ink pad and stamped on the card at an angle.  Next I stamped the swirl from the Creative Elements stamp set over this stamping using Crumb Cake ink.  I colored in parts of the swirl with Crisp
Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, So Saffron  and Crumb Cake markers.  The Clear Mount Block D was inked up with So Saffron ink and stamped to the lower right of the first block.  The flower from the same stamp set was stamped using Crisp Cantaloupe ink.  The last block used was Block
G and that was inked with So Saffron ink and stamped in the lower left.  I then stamped the sentiment from A Dozen Thoughts stamp set over it using Crisp Cantaloup ink.  As they say, that is all she wrote (or, in this case, stamped).  Like I said before, creating a one-layer card is so different since no embellishments are added.  I figured out if I decide what stamp set(s) I want to use, I can figure out a layout/design better.  Thank you for dropping in.  I hope you get a chance to explore your creativity this week.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Creative Elements (w-#122645/c-#122647); A Dozen Thoughts (w-#131056/c-#131059)
Ink:  Crumb Cake Classic Stampin' Pad (#121030); Crisp Cantaloupe Classic Stampin' Pad (#131176); So Saffron Classic Stampin' Pad (#105213); 2013-2015 In Color Markers (#131260); Crumb Cake Stampin' Write Marker (#120967); Subtles Stampin' Write Markers (#131263)
Tools:  Clear Mount Block E (#118484); Clear Mount Block D (#118485); Clear Mount Block G (#118489)

  

8 comments:

LeAnne said...

Cool technique, Patti! Gives your OL card a lot of texture and fun! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players this week!

cindyleebeedesigns.com said...

Way to combine all the challenges into one seamlessly, Patti! Pretty card;)

Nance Leedy said...

Fantastic way to combine all these challenges, Patti! The color blocks add so much dimension to this OL beauty! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

Amy O said...

Very pretty! I love how you've kept this a one-layer card, yet it appears to have so much dimension. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday!

Marla Reed said...

I love the color blocking created by using the clear blocks! What a great effect that technique gives to your card! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Patti! I love the blocking, and how you positioned the images within in the blocks. Thanks for playing with the Paper Players!

stampwithsandy said...

Great job combining challenges, Patti! Love that color blocked background. Thanks for playing with us this week at The Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

So pretty, Patti! I love how you inked up the clear blocks to "frame" the images. So much fabulous detail on this one layer wonder. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)