Pages

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Big Wheel Thanks

Happy weekend everyone.  It's been almost a week since I posted but I was working on getting some cards ready for my class today.  Today's card is one we did and that was based on the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #193.  I don't think I've ever joined in this challenge but I really liked this sketch for this image.

As you can see, I turned the sketch 90 degrees.  Pool Party card stock was used for the base.  I added a piece of Burlap Ribbon to Epic Day This and That designer paper which had been sponged around the edges with Crumb Cake ink.  A piece of Naturals Ivory card stock was embossed with the Chevron embossing folder and matted with Pool Party card stock.  I sponged these edges also and added it to the card.  The image and sentiment from the Timeless Talk stamp set was heat embossed on Naturals Ivory card stock with VersaMark and Gold embossing powder.  I put both stamps on my clear block which made it super simple to emboss both at the same time.  I cut the image out with a Circles Framelit as well as the Daffodil Delight mat.  Again, the edges of both were sponged with Crumb Cake ink.  I also lightly sponged over the image with the ink.  Gold brads were added to the center of the wheels.  Dimensionals were used to add it to the card.  I trimmed off the bottom of the image layer by flipping it over and using the designer paper edge as a guide.  The whole thing was then attached to the card front.  As a final touch, I threaded a piece of hemp twine through a Daffodil Delight button, tied it in a knot and used Glue Dots to add it to the card.  That's it for today.  Thanks for coming by and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Timeless Talk (w-#126605/c-#126607)
Ink:  VersaMark (#102283); Crumb Cake Classic Stampin' Pad (#121030)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Pool Party Card Stock (#122924); Daffodil Delight Card Stock (#119683); Naturals Ivory Card Stock (#101849); Epic Day This and That Designer Series Paper (#130814)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Heat Tool (#129053); Circles Collection Framelits (#130911); Stamping Sponges (#101610); Chevron Embossing Folder (#127749)
The Finishing Touches:  1-1/4" Burlap Ribbon (#132140); Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109129); Glue Dots (#103683); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Hemp Twine (retired); Brights Designer Buttons (retired); Gold Brads (retired)

 

3 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is AWESOME, Patti!

Bonnie said...

I love these colors and the tricycle is perfect for this sketch!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Fabulous image and I love the great design and the colors!