Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Musical Wishes

At this moment, we are having some "large weather" as my husband would say.  It is a good old fashioned thunder storm with lots and lots and lots of rain.  I'm very grateful I don't have to be out in it.  Today I'm sharing a truly clean and simple card.  Two challenges were used for inspiration:  Addicted to CAS Challenge #21 - Music and the Paper Players Challenge #162.

Whisper White card stock is the base.  I attached the Rotary Addition to my trimmer and used the Small Scallop cutting blade to cut along the bottom of the card front.  I sponged this edge with Pool Party ink.  I stamped the "tire tracks" from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set twice using Rich Razzleberry and Pool Party inks.  The old-fashioned record player from the Timeless Talk stamp set 
was then stamped using Black StazOn ink.  The sentiment from the same stamp set was stamped with Rich Razzleberry ink.  I really felt the card needed some sort of embellishment so I added three Pool Party Candy Dots.  See, didn't I say it was clean and simple?  I've enjoyed working on this style of card but I won't ever give up designer paper, ribbon and bling.  Thank you for dropping by today.  Enjoy the rest of your day.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Timeless Talk (w-#126605/c-#126607); Gorgeous Grunge (w-#130514/c-#130517)
Ink:  Pool Party Classic Stampin' Pad (#126982); Rich Razzleberry Classic Stampin' Pad (#115658); Jet Black StazOn Ink Pad (#101406)
Card Stock:  Whisper White (#100730)
Tools:  Small Scallop Rotary Cutting Blade (#129410); Stampin' Trimmer Rotary Addition (#129407); Sponge Daubers (#102892)
The Finishing Touches:  Subtles Candy Dots (#130933)

    

3 comments:

Nance Leedy said...

Oh my goodness, Patti! What a perfect use of the CAS challenge and our colors. Love how the GG set looks like sound waves. GREAT card. So glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

stampwithsandy said...

Great one layer card, Patti! I like the grunge background and those candy dots, they are my favorite! Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players!

Harriet Skelly said...

What a great CAS birthday card - great combination of the challenges! Thanks for playing with us at ATCAS!