Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Yummy Farewell to Summer

This week's LateNightStampers Challenge #230 was Summertime and since we've been having fall-like weather I thought I'd say goodbye to summer with something that makes a lot of people happy - a big slice of watermelon.  When I saw the CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge #44, I decided to pair them up.

Garden Green card stock was used for the A2 size card base.  I stamped the sentiment from the A Dozen Thoughts stamp set on Whisper White card stock with StazOn ink and ran it through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  The watermelon was cut out of Real Red card stock with one of the Circles Framelits dies and the Big Shot and then cut it to make a slice.  I then used two of the Circles Dies and Garden Green card stock, layered the dies one inside the other and ended up with a thin circle which I cut to use as the rind.  Both were attached to the card with Dimensionals.  I cut the seeds from Basic Black card stock and attached them to the card.  Crystal Effects was added for a little dimension.  Looks sweet and tasty doesn't it?  Thanks for coming by.  I'll see you soon.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  A Dozen Thoughts (w-#131056/c-#131059)
Ink:  Jet Black StazOn Ink Pad (#101406)
Card Stock:  Garden Green (#102584); Whisper White (#100730); Real Red (#102482); Basic Black (#121045)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Macine (#113439); Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (#117335); Circles Collection Framelits Dies (#130911); Paper Snips (#103579)
The Finishing Touches:  Crystal Effects (#101055); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)

  

8 comments:

Betty J. said...

The melon is perfekt for the sketch and I love you embossed dots background. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

The Crafty Laydee said...

Fabulous take on the sketch-it's perfect!
Best wishes,Nessa xx

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so sweet & perfect!
Thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

SallyB. said...

ich liebe Melonen, tolle Umsetzung des Sketches

Ann Schach said...

Oh, my gosh! How cute is this, Patti! Fresh, clean and perfect for summer!

Joni nina Andaya said...

What at fun card!!! Thank you for joining us at CTS.

Quip1320 said...

Super cute and perfect for the sketch. Now I need to get some watermelon.

donna mikasa said...

Such a perfect take on the sketch! And I'm a huge watermelon lover, too!