Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Label Love #6 - For You

Card #6 using the Label Love stamp set; one more to go.  Wondering where the image from the stamp set is?  You'll see in a moment.  I never remember where I saw an idea and, at my age, memory is not my strong suit.  So, I bookmark a lot of things and also copy and save ideas I like along with their URL so I can give credit to whomever I CASE.  Today I have a gift card holder that I saw on Connie Babbert's blog back in 2011.  I changed up a number of things but her card gave me the idea.

The base is a single piece of Whisper White card stock cut at 4-1/4" x 5-1/2".  To that I added a layer of Crumb Cake card stock cut at 4-1/8" x 5-3/8" and embossed with the Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folder.  The edges were sponged with Crumb Cake ink.  A strip of Cherry Cobbler card stock cut at 1-1/4" x 5-1/4" was added.  The reason the length is 1/8" shorter than the embossed layer is because I find that when you emboss you sometimes lose a little of the length or width depending on the folder you are using; that's what happened this time.  I used one of the Labels Framelits to cut out a piece of the Season of Style designer paper, sponged around the edges with Crumb Cake ink and attached it to the card with some Glue Dots.  The gift card holder was made using Old Olive card stock cut at 4" x 6-3/8"; sponge around the edges with Old Olive ink.  With the long edge at the top, I scored at 2-1/4" and 4-1/2".  Using the Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folder, I embossed the 1-7/8" part of the Old Olive.  Use a circle punch to punch out a half circle; this helps make it easier to grab the gift card.  Fold on the score lines.  Add sticky strip to just the sides of the embossed part and seal it up to make the pocket for the card.  The image from the Label Love stamp set was heat embossed on Whisper White card stock using VersaMark and a mixture of Cherry Cobbler embossing powder and Dazzling Diamonds.  It was punched out with the Artisan Label punch and attached inside the holder.  Cut a piece of Whisper White card stock at 3-7/8" x 2-1/8" and sponge around the edges with Crumb Cake ink.  A bow made from Crumb Cake ribbon was added to the top with a Glue Dot and this layer attached to the front of the gift card holder.  The ornament from the Ornament Keepsakes stamp set was heat embossed on Crumb Cake card stock using the Cherry Cobbler embossing powder and Dazzling Diamonds mixture.  It was cut out with one of the Holiday Ornaments Framelits and attached to the card with Dimensionals.  Some Rhinestones were added for a little holiday bling.  Well, I've got one more image from the Label Love stamp set to complete my self-imposed challenge.  It will have to be a quick one because I have cards to get ready for an upcoming class.  Thank you for stopping by.  Please let me know if you have any questions.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Label Love (w-#130619/c-#130622); Ornament Keepsakes (w-#128048/c-#128051)
Ink:  Crumb Cake Classic Stampin' Pad (#121030); Old Olive Classic Stampin' Pad (#102277); VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Whisper White Card Stock (#100730); Crumb Cake Card Stock (#120953); Cherry Cobbler Card Stock (#119685); Old Olive Card Stock (#100702); Season of Style Designer Series Paper (#132340)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Heat Tool (#129053); Labels Collection Framelits Dies (#125598); Holiday Ornaments Framelits Dies (#127816); Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folder (#116824); Sponge Daubers (#102892); Artisan Label Punch (#130920); 1" Circle Punch (#119868)
The Finishing Touches:  Crumb Cake 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon (#122332); Rhinestone Basic Jewels (#119246); Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Emboss Powder (#122949); Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter (#102023); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Sticky Strip (#104294); Glue Dots (#103683)

      

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

Very clever! I may borrow this for my club girls! Love it!