Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Label Love #7 - To You, From Me

Yippee!!  The last project using the Label Love stamp set.  I decided to make a Halloween treat box which goes along with the Paper Players Challenge #166 - Halloween card or treat holder.

I started with one of the Kraft Gift Boxes.  I dug out some retired designer paper to add to all four sides and the top of the box.  I then wrapped two pieces of Tangerine Tango ribbon (also retired) around the box.  The to-from image from the Label Love stamp set was heat embossed on Very Vanilla card stock with VersaMark and Tangerine 
Box Top
Tango Embossing Powder.  It was punched out with the Artisan Label Punch, matted with a Basic Black scalloped circle and attached to the front to cover where the ribbon pieces came together.  I then stamped the small pumpkin from the Jack of All Trades stamp set three times on Very Vanilla card stock with Tangerine Tango ink.  I sponged around the edges of all three with Tangerine Tango ink.  I then folded them in half and attached them together to make a three dimensional pumpkin.  It was attached to a Basic Black scalloped circle.  A piece of Very Vanilla was punched out with a circle punch and sponged around the edge with Tangerine Tango ink.  The pumpkin layer was attached and Dimensionals used to attach it to the box top.  I stamped the pumpkin stem on Wild Wasabi card stock with Wild Wasabi ink, cut it out and attached it to the pumpkin.  A very thin piece of Wild Wasabi card stock was twisted around a thin dowel to curl it and then added to the pumpkin.  Now all it needs are some Halloween treats.  I can tell you that if I ever challenge myself to make cards and/or projects from one stamp set again, it will definitely be one that doesn't have seven images.  Thanks for coming by to see them.  Now it's time to get to work on some cards for an upcoming class.  See you next time.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Label Love (w-#130619/c-#130622); Jack of All Trades (retired)
Ink:  Tangerine Tango Classic Stampin' Pad (#111834); Wild Wasabi Classic Stampin' Pad (#109014); VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Basic Black Card Stock (#121045); Very Vanilla Card Stock (#101650); Howlstooth & Scaringbone Designer Series Paper (retired)
Tools:  Heat Tool (#129053); Paper Snips (#103579); 2-1/2" Circle Punch (#120906); 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch (#118874); Artisan Label Punch (#130920); Sponge Daubers (#102892)
The Finishing Touches:  Kraft Gift Boxes (#124106); Tangerine Tango Stampin' Emboss Powder (#123106); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Tangerine Tango 5/8" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon (retired)

 
 

5 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is just so cute! You have got me intrigued about your self-challenge....I am going to have to go back and check them all out! You really nailed this one! LOVE that pumpkin! Thanks for sharing this with us this week--we always love to see your cute stuff!

Ann Schach said...

This is adorable, Patti! The pumpkin is so unique and creative...I LOVE it! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Nance Leedy said...

What a fun box, Patti! I love the 3D pumpkin and I still adore these retired papers. So glad you joined us this week at the Paper Players!

http://www.angelswhostamp.lynn@yahoo.com said...

That pumpkin looks terrific on the box! Makes me want to run to my craft table to produce one (plus order some boxes from SU! for my class.

Anne Marie Hile said...

What a fun treat box, Patti! Love the 3-D effect. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)