Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Masculine Birthday Greetings


Last week when I was planning cards for my Saturday class, the Stampin' Up! Only Challenge #81 was the perfect inspiration: make a masculine card.  I knew right away what stamp set I was going to use.

For this card I started with a Naturals Ivory card stock base.  A piece of Sahara Sand card stock was run through the Big Shot with the Woodgrain embossing folder and lightly sponged across the raised areas with Sahara Sand ink.  I stamped the goose image from the Wetlands stamp set on Naturals Ivory card stock with Early Espresso ink.  I then masked his body and stamped the grasses using Pear Pizzazz ink.  I sponged along the bottom with Pear Pizzaz ink.  I added a strip of Early Espresso card stock across the top of the image layer.  I heat embossed the sentiment from the same stamp set with VersaMark and Early Espresso embossing powder.  This was cut out using one of the Apothecary Accents Framelits and attached behind the image layer at the bottom.  A piece of Natural Trim Ribbon was added and the whole layer attached to the card front.  A Pear Pizzazz Candy Dot was added to the sentiment as the finishing touch.  Thanks to the SUO challenge for inspiring me; I rarely think to create a card that is appropriate for the guys.  So glad you stopped by.  The challenge is still open so if you need some cards for the men in your life, why not play along with them.  See you soon.

Stampin' Up! Only Products 
Stamp Set:  Wetlands (w-#126695/c-#126697)
Ink:  Pear Pizzazz Classic Stampin' Pad (#1311880); Sahara Sand Classic Stampin' Pad (#105208); Early Espresso Classic Stampin' Pad (#119670); VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock:  Naturals Ivory (#101849); Sahara Sand (#121043); Early Espresso (#119686)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Woodgrain Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (#127821); Apothecary Accents Framelits (#127203); Stamping Sponges (#101610); Sponge Daubers (#102892); Big Shot Magnetic Platform (#130658)
The Finishing Touches:  Natural 7/16" Trim Ribbon (#129287); Subtles Candy Dots (#130933); Early Espresso Stampin' Emboss Powder (#128980)

  

3 comments:

Julie Gearinger said...

Love the scene that you have created with one of my favorite sets:-) The colors, texture and elements are perfect for our masculine challenge- thanks for sharing with us at SUO Challenges!

Deena Boos said...

Patti, this is a great card! I love the embossed background, and how you kept your stamping so simple. LOVE! Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges!

Connie Babbert said...

Wonderful! LOVE the woodgrain background and the panel of grass. Perfect masculine card! Thanks for playing along with the Masculine challenge on SUO Challenges!