Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Christmas Cheer Gift Card Holder

I got the idea for this card from the one I posted here.  As I was making it, I thought I could turn the card into a gift card holder so when I was trying to come up with ideas for my class yesterday, I decided to see if I could bring the idea to life.

The card base is Crumb Cake card stock cut at 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored on the 8-1/2" side at 1-1/2" and 5-3/4".  On the lower fold (2-3/4" width), the Word Window Punch was used to cut a slot; the punch was inserted as far as it would go and punched until the slot was wide enough for a gift card.  I then matted a piece of Season of Style designer paper with Cherry Cobbler card stock.  I used Sticky Strip to adhere it to the bottom flap of the card; I found if
I used regular adhesive the gift card didn't fit properly and I wasn't able to close the card.  Photo on the left is what it looks like inside.  I then stamped the top of the single evergreen from the Lovely as a Tree stamp set on a piece of Whisper White card stock with Old Olive ink, matted it with Cherry Cobbler card stock and attached it to the top flap of the card.  The ornament from the Ornament Keepsakes stamp set was heat embossed on Whisper White card stock with VersaMark and Gold Embossing Powder and cut out with the Holiday Ornaments Framelits.  The same die was used to cut a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock.  It was cut lengthwise and used to mat both sides of the embossed ornament.  Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine was tied in a bow around the neck of the ornament.  The top of the ornament only was attached to the card with Glue Dots.  The sentiment from the Sweet Essentials stamp set was also heat embossed like the ornament and matted with Cherry Cobbler card stock.  The ends of both were flagged before attaching them together.  Dimensionals were used to add it to the card.  I used some small Velcro dots on the bottom of the ornament to hold the card closed.  Pearls were added as the finishing touch.  Thank you for stopping by.  I hope you're enjoying a great weekend.  See you soon.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Lovely as a Tree (w-#115026/c-#127793); Ornament Keepsakes (w-#128048/c-#128051); Sweet Essentials (w-#126455/c-#126457)
Ink:  VersaMark (#102283); Old Olive Classic Stampin' Pad (#102277)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Crumb Cake Card Stock (#120953); Cherry Cobbler Card Stock (#119685); Whisper White Card Stock (#100730); Season of Style Designer Series Paper (#132340)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Big Shot Magnetic Platform (#130658); Word Window Punch (#119857); Holiday Ornaments Framelits Dies (#127816); Heat Tool (#129053)
The Finishing Touches:  Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine (#123125); Pearl Basic Jewels (#119247); Sticky Strip (#104294); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Glue Dots (#103683)

 

1 comment:

Eileen Lang said...

Great idea for a gift card. Always looking for something different. Thanks for sharing how you made it. Hope you have a great holiday season.