Pages

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Give Thanks

Hi.  I used two sketches as inspiration for this card:  Seize the Sketch Challenge #8 and Create with Connie and Mary Challenge #278.

Tangerine Tango card stock was used for the card base.  To that I added a piece of the Venetian Romance designer paper.  I pulled threads on all sides of a piece of Burlap Ribbon to fray them.   The sentiment from the Best of Autumn stamp set was stamped on Sahara Sand card stock using Always Artichoke ink and attached to the burlap.  This was then attached to a strip of Always Artichoke card stock.  I then added two Antique Brads and attached the layer to the card.  I colored the leaf from the same stamp set with Tangerine Tango and Always Artichoke markers and stamped two of them on Naturals Ivory card stock.  Both were fussy cut and attached to the card with Glue Dots and Dimensionals.  Well that's the first and only Thanksgiving card I've made this year.  Enjoy the rest of the weekend.  I'll see you soon.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Best of Autumn (#134390)
Ink:  Always Artichoke Classic Stampin' Pad (#105219); Brights Stampin' Write Markers (#131259); Regals Stampin' Write Markers (#131262)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Tangerine Tango Card Stock (#111349); Always Artichoke Card Stock (#105119); Sahara Sand Card Stock (#121043); Naturals Ivory Card Stock (#101849); Venetian Romance Designer Series Paper (#130144)
Tools:  Paper Snips (#103579)
The Finishing Touches:  1-1/4 Burlap Ribbon (#132140); Antique Brads (#117273); Glue Dots (#103683); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)

       

10 comments:

Debbie Henderson said...

I could never figure out what to do with this DSP as it's so pretty. You've got it all figured out and it looks lovely with the leaves! Your leaves are gorgeous! So glad you joined us this week at Create with Connie & Mary!

Susan Renshaw said...

I love your colour choices and in particular the background paper. Lovely card!

Deb said...

What a really cool piece of dsp! Makes for a fun background! And I love how you inked up the leaves! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Melissa Davies said...

I need to look closer at the DSP - I thought it was a technique you did! You fooled me! This is just beautiful!Thanks you for joining us in the color challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Connie Babbert said...

Gorgeous! I totally forgot about that DSP...it is great with this color challenge! Love the fall foliage card! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Wow! The DSP looks just amazing on your card. I love all the wonderful little details, the brads and burlap really work with these colors. Thanks for joining us this week for the color challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Margaret Raburn said...

Patti, your card is beautiful!! The leaves are colored so pretty and the burlap ribbon embellishment is perfect with the leaves and theme! Thanks for joining us this week for the color challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Dale Morin said...

Just beautiful! Until I read your post I thought you had done something to create that look. Guess I has better take a look at that dsp. Happy thanksgiving!

Mary Brown said...

What a GORGEOUS use of that paper and BEAUTIFUL elements! Just STUNNING! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Bonnie said...

This is so pretty, Patti! Love those leaves and background paper! Happy Thanksgiving!