Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

December Birthday

Hello friends.  Long time, no post.  I was out a commission for a few days around Thanksgiving, then visited granddaughter, then planned and had a class and now I'm clear for a while.  This month I needed a few birthday cards but I wanted to do December/winter related ones.  I used the Sunday Stamps Challenge #64 and the ColourQ Challenge #218 as my inspiration for this card.

Since I didn't want it to look too much like a Christmas card, I kept the red and green to a minimum.  Chocolate Chip card stock was used as the base.  A piece of Crumb Cake card stock was embossed with the Big Shot and the Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder and added to the card front.  The sentiment from the Wetlands stamp set was stamped on a piece of Crumb Cake card stock using Chocolate Chip ink.  I matted it with Real Red card stock
and wrapped a piece of Chocolate Chip ribbon around it.  Dimensionals were used to add it to the card.  The Shimmery White card stock poinsettia was made using a poinsettia die (not Stampin' Up!).  Three different sizes were cut and I attached them together with a Gold Glimmer Brad.  The leaf from the same die set was cut out of Always Artichoke card stock and attached to the back of the flower.  I used Glue Dots to attach it to the card.  A very simple card to make with a little touch of the season but lovely for a birthday card.  I'm so glad you stopped by.  Hopefully I'll be posting on a more regular basis again.  Christmas is upon us but I've got most of the shopping (but not the wrapping) done.  Enjoy your evening.  Join me again soon.



Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Wetlands (w-#126695/c-#126697)
Ink:  Chocolate Chip Classic Stampin' Pad (#100908)
Card Stock:  Chocolate Chip (#102128); Crumb Cake (#120953); Real Red (#102482); Always Artichoke (#105119); Shimmery White (#101910)
Tools:  big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folder (#116824)
The Finishing Touches:  Glimmer Basics Brads (#121003); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Glue Dots (#103683); Chocolate Chip Scalloped Dots Ribbon (retired)

  

6 comments:

Claire said...

So impressed that you used the colours but didn't do a Christmas card! You've pulled it off perfectly...that crisp white flower against the kraft is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Colour Q this week Patti!

Jen said...

What a beautiful card for a winter birthday! I absolutely love the poinsettia done in white. Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

OttawaMom said...

This is a fabulous December birthday card! White poinsettias are my favourite are yours is stunning against that Crumb Cake background. Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

Kathya said...

What a beautiful card! Great colors and the poinsettia is so pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Patti, I love your embossing and that white poinsettia! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

Sarah said...

Gorgeous creation, love your embossed background and pretty poinsettia, thanks for joining us at ColourQ, hugs, Sarah x