Pages

Friday, January 24, 2014

Love You (sooooo) Much

I don't know what's wrong with me but I must be a glutton for punishment.  It seems I have a hard time passing up challenges for one-layer cards and just couldn't resist The Paper Players Challenge #179.  I will also add this to the CAS on Sunday Challenge #25 - Lovey Dovey.  I don't usually send out a lot of Valentine cards but with my granddaughter about to celebrate her first birthday, I figured I'd see what I could come up with for her.

The card base is Naturals White card stock.  I started by inking the bear
from the retired Button Bear stamp set with Soft Suede ink.  The ink on his bow was removed using a Blender Pen and then colored with a Primrose Petals marker.  A little huffing to moisten the ink and he was stamped on the card front.  I stamped and cut out the bear from copy paper to use as a mask and attached it over the one on the card.  From a scrap piece of card stock I cut out a heart using the Big Shot and the Hearts Collection Dies.  I saved the cut out heart to use another time.  The remaining piece was attached to the card front with temporary adhesive.  I then sponged the open heart area with Pink Pirouette ink and drew around the edge with the Primrose Petal marker.  After removing the masks I stamped some hearts from the Oh, Whale! stamp set in Primrose Petal ink.  The sentiment from the Best of Love stamp set was also stamped with Primrose Petals ink.  As a finishing touch I used the Simply Scored Borders Plate with the Simply Scored Scoring Tool to get the embossed edge on the bottom.  I find that masking is terrific when making a one layer card; might require a few extra minutes but it helps add more elements to the page when you're not using embellishments.  Well, I've got to run; the deadline for the one challenge is looming.  Thanks for coming by.  Please visit again.

Stampin' Up! Products Used
Stamps Sets:  Best of Love (#132987); Button Bear (retired); Oh, Whale! (retired)
Ink:  Soft Suede Classic Stampin' Pad (#115657); Primrose Petals Classic Stampin' Pad (#126858), Pink Pirouette Classic Stampin' Pad (#126956); 2012-2014 In Color Markers (#131260)
Card Stock:  Naturals White (#102316)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Simply Scored Borders Plate (#126192); Simply Scored Scoring Tool (#122334); Hearts Collection Framelits Dies (#125599); Sponge Daubers (#102892); Blender Pens (#102845)

           




 

3 comments:

Ann Schach said...

An adorable card, Patti! It is hard to believe that your granddaughter is going to be one. Wow! Time does indeed fly!

Bonnie said...

Hi Patti, It's good to see you again and catch up a bit! This is a perfect Valentine for a granddaughter! Very special!

Zw@@n said...

Such an adorable card, Patty. I love that cute bear. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma