Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Banner Happy

Today's card is for my younger son, my beautiful granddaughter's daddy.  It is based on a great sketch from the CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge #62.  The diagonal piece on the sketch really caught my eye so I gave it a try.

I started by first cutting a piece of Kaleidoscope designer paper.  On a strip of Crushed Curry card stock I heat embossed the birthday sentiment from one of the stamps in the retired Happiest Birthday Wishes stamp set with VersaMark and Black embossing powder.  Since I only wanted the birthday part of the sentiment, I covered up what I didn't want to use with scrap paper, inked it up, took off the paper and then stamped on the card stock.  Then, using the Big Shot and Magnetic Platform, I cut two pieces of Basic Black card stock with one of the Finishing Touches Edgelits.  They were then attached to the back of the Crushed Curry card stock and added to the designer paper.  The edges on the two corners were trimmed even with the designer paper.  This was then attached to the base of Basic Gray card stock.  The letters in the word happy (from the retired All Around Alphabet stamp set) were also heat embossed on Bermuda Bay, Basic Gray, Whisper White and Strawberry Slush card stocks.  I punched them out with the Banner Punch, added Mini Brads and popped them up using Dimensionals.  The card didn't take too long to make because I had been tossing the idea around in my head for a day.  Push came to shove when I realized I had to get it in the mail today.  I seem to gravitate to this designer paper.  It is so versatile with all the great colors in it.  And, I thought, perfect for a guy card.  Thank you for stopping by.  Feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think.  See you soon.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Happiest Birthday Wishes (retired hostess set); All Around Alphabet (retired)
Ink:  VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Basic Gray Card Stock (#121044); Basic Black Card Stock (#121045); Crushed Curry Card Stock (#131199); Bermuda Bay Card Stock (#131197); Strawberry Slush Card Stock (#131295); Whisper White Card Stock (#100730); Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper (#132995)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439): Big Shot Magnetic Platform (#130658); Finishing Touches Edgelits (#127010); Heat Tool (#129053); Banner Punch (#133519 - SAB 2014)
The Finishing Touches:  1/8" Mini Brads (#122941); Black Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109133); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)

   

4 comments:

Betty J. said...

Love your colorful card. Great job. Thanks for playing along at CAS(E) this sketch and hope to see you again.

Dale Morin said...

Love this!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun! Great take on the sketch!

Ann Schach said...

So bright and cheery! I LOVE it!