Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Happy Birthday Sis

Today's card is the birthday card I made for my sister.  It is based on the Craft Project Central Challenge #32 and The Card Concept Challeng #4 - floral theme (not sure but I think my style on this card is clean and layering).  If the outside isn't enough floral, wait until you see the inside.

The card base is Sahara Sand card stock.  I added a layer of Sweet Sorbet designer paperDelicate Details Lace Tape was attached to a strip of Pool Party card stock.  A piece of Crisp Cantaloupe ribbon was attached along the edge and it was all added to the card.  I stamped one of the flowers from the Secret Garden stamp set on Crisp Cantaloupe card stock, added some color highlights with a Crisp Cantaloupe marker and cut it out with the Big
Shot and the Secret Garden Framelits.  It was attached to a Sahara Sand card stock circle that was paper pierced around the edge using the Essentials Paper Piercing Pack and then added to the card.  A great sketch to work with.  But check out the inside of the card.  I've seen pop-up cards all over the internet but never really tried one.  Then I came across some very easy to follow directions on Debbie Henderson's blog here and said "I
can do that".  Debbie used butterflies but I decided some flowers would be the ticket for my sister.  I stamped flowers from the Secret Garden stamp set on Summer Starfruit, Pool Party and Crisp Cantaloupe card stocks using StazOn ink.  I then added some shading using markers of the same color.  The others I stamped on Whisper White card stock using Summer Starfruit, Pool Party and Crisp Cantaloupe inks and used a black marker to color in the centers.  They were all cut out
with the Secret Garden Framelits.  Before adding the pop-up insert, I  stamped some flowers directly on it near the top.  I then made a strip of "grass" using Pistachio Pudding card stock.  I haven't received my Fringe Scissors yet (back ordered) so I just snipped it with Paper Snips.  Luckily it was a short piece of card stock.  That was added to the bottom of the pop-up.  I then randomly added the flowers using Glue Dots.  You should keep them as close to one layer as possible because you don't want a lot of bulk when mailing the card.  I stamped the sentiment from the Blooming with Kindness stamp set inside and for the finishing touch, I added a Rhinestone to the center of the flower on the card front.  I had a lot of fun making this card.  It took some time but my sister is worth it.  I hope you're having a wonderful weekend.  Come by again soon.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Secret Garden (w-#129141/c-#129144); Blooming with Kindness (w-#126420/c-#126422)
Ink:  Crisp Cantaloupe Classic Stampin' Pad (#131176); Pool Party Classic Stampin' Pad (#126982); Summer Starfruit Classic Stampin' Pad (#126991); Jet Black StazOn Ink Pad (#101406); Subtles Stampin' Write Markers (#123263); 2012-2014 In Color Markers (#126856); 2013-2015 In Color Markers (#131260); Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker (#100082)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Sahara Sand Card Stock (#121043); Pool Party Card Stock (#122924); Crisp Cantaloupe Card Stock (#131298); Summer Starfruit Card Stock (#126839); Whisper White Card Stock (#100730); Pistachio Pudding Card Stock (#131294); Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Paper (#133521-SAB)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Big Shot Magnetic Platform (#130658); Secret Garden Framelits Dies (#129372); Circles Collection Framelits (#130911); Essentials Paper Piercing Pack (#126187); Paper-Piercing Tool (#126189); Paper Snips (#103579)
The Finishing Touches:  Crisp Cantaloupe 3/8" Ruffle Stretch Ribbon (#130021); Rhinestone Basic Jewels (#119246); Delicate Doilies Lace Tape (#130966); Glue Dots (#103683)
 


6 comments:

Jacque said...

Beautiful!! Inside and Out! Your beautiful card is a keep and your sister will love it! Thank you for sharing and joining the Creating Pretty Cards challenge!!

Deanna Dean said...

Love the inside! I never think to do anything to the inside of my cards. Thanks for the inspiration. So glad you joined us this week at The Card Concept.

theoblatelife said...

Sweet Card!

Jeanette Fincher said...

This is so sweet and beautiful! I love the surprise on the inside. :) Great card!

Tina said...

Oh wow! I love your pop up flowers! Your sister will love the card.

Yapha said...

Such a pretty card, and the inside is spectacular! Great use of the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Creating Pretty Cards!