Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

Tag Medallion

Good Friday morning to you.  I don't know about you but as I'm checking out all the great blogs on line, I come across so many great designs and ideas that I want to try.  I've got so many projects, techniques and ideas bookmarked and saved on my laptop that I'll never get around to them all.  This idea comes from a card I saw on LeAnn Greff's blog here back in 2012 and decided to give it a try.  The sentiment was left off because I thought this could be used for a variety of occasions.  It is based on the Stampin' Celebration Inspiration Challenge #76 and CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge #63.

My card base is Daffodil Delight card stock.  The medallion was made following LeAnn's directions using Gingham Garden designer paper.  I thought the colorful pattern of the designer paper was close to the colors in the photo.  After folding all the pieces, I attached them to a piece of Island Indigo card stock.  One edge of a piece of Whisper White card stock was punched out using the Scallop Trim Border Punch.  Two pieces of Gingham Garden Washi Tape were added and then attached to the card. 
Island Indigo Baker's Twine was wrapped around three times and tied in a bow.  The whole layer was then attached to the front of the card.  I heat embossed one of the stamps from the Mixed Bunch stamp set with VersaMark and Melon Mambo embossing powder, punched it out and attached it to an Island Indigo scallop circle.  A Daffodil Delight Candy Dot was added to a Brad Base and then through the center of the circle.  Because the medallion center wasn't completely flat on the card, I had to use double Dimensionals to pop it up.  Lots of bright colors on a very cold winter day here in the Northeast.  Hope the weekend holds some creative time for you.  Enjoy.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Mixed Bunch (w-#125535/c-#125537)
Ink:  VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Daffodil Delight Card Stock (#119683); Island Indigo Card Stock (#122923); Whisper White Card Stock (#100730); Gingham Garden Designer Series Paper (#129310)
Tools:  Large Tag Punch (retired); 1" Circle Punch (#119868); 1-1/4" Scallop Circle Punch (#127811); Scallop Trim Border Punch (#118402); Heat Tool (#129053)
The Finishing Touches:  Gingham Garden Designer Washi Tape (#129314); Island Indigo Baker's Twine (#125575); Melon Mambo Stampin' Emboss Powder (#123223); Brights Candy Dots (#130931); Candy Dots Brad Basses (#132293); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
     

6 comments:

Anita Krul said...

Hi Patti... what a great way to incorporate the colors! This is so pretty! This technique is definitely going in my 'to do' folder! Thanks for playing along at Stampin' Celebration.

Dale Morin said...

This looks fun. I haven't folded paper on a card in a while. Thanks for the reminder!

Leigh Penner said...

Very pretty take on the sketch!

Ann Schach said...

What a fun card, Patti! It looks like spring exploded! I love it!

Cori Kozak said...

What a fun technique!! Love the medallion! Thanks for joining us this month at Stampin' Celebration!

Krista said...

Gorgeous!! I love that medallion and the choice of paper is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Celebration!!